Being an efficient, instant, and reliable form of energy, natural gas has always been the most popular choice for cooking purposes. Nevertheless, one should not forget that the same gas can turn out to be dangerous when handled improperly. This is the reason why it is important to have proper knowledge about all the aspects of gas fittings, from their installation to their maintenance.
Safety measures to take regarding gas fittings
The need to take proper care of the installation is even more when it comes to your home. With the help of proper installation, you will be able to make proper and more efficient usage of the natural gas. So, take a look below at some of the tips related to the installation of gas equipments or fittings:
- When purchasing a gas filter, make sure it has a proper registration number, which ensures the originality and quality of the equipment. Registered filters are passed through stringent testing procedures, which certainly add more safety to the gas system. A registered gas filter always comes along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Every gas connection comes along with a gas meter. During the time of installation, you must make sure the meter is in proper working condition. A faulty meter may often turn deceptive, and you would not get any idea about the flow of gas when it happens. So, the control valve of the meter should be in perfect condition.
- Nowadays, a number of features are provided with the gas system, such as ant-tilt switch, flame failure device, and automatic ignition systems. Flame failure device is really important because it has the ability to cut off the flow of gas in case the flame gets extinguished accidently.
- The selection of gas fittings should be done only after checking the warranty. Reputed manufacturers and the ones approved by the government feature good quality materials. In the market, there is no dearth of low cost fittings that would look almost similar to the expensive ones. But, they do not come along with any warranty period.
- When it comes to the installation of the fittings, always make sure the professional is a registered gas engineer. In fact, it would be better to contact the gas company itself and ask them to send their experts for the installation purpose.
- The location of the installation should be in accordance with the guidelines related to gas safety. The gas meter should be installed at a place where there is enough ventilation. In this way, you will be able to clean the meter on regular basis, and there would be enough ventilation in an event of gas leakage.
Those were some of the tips regarding the installation of gas fittings; but it is equally important to pay importance to their maintenance. When it comes to the maintenance of the fittings then it should be done at least once in a year. You must contact your gas distributor or dealer and request for an annual inspection. Gas pipes and meter are the two main sections of the entire gas system that must be checked thoroughly.