Each one of us experiences the comfort of appliances that are sometimes always at work all around us. They help in almost everything you do- from waking up to going to bed. Often, these appliances are expensive, which means that they also require periodic maintenance. There are two categories of home appliances- the smaller type and the larger type. Small home appliances, for instance, the kitchen appliances that include toasters, mixers, grinders, juicers and coffee machines, etc. require regular maintenance. However, they are comparatively easier to perform as it is more direct and concludes with instant changes like washing them after use, connecting them to a secure electric socket, etc.
The larger variety of home appliances, however, have a more complicated process of maintenance and service but read along with the expert reviews of Liberty Home Guard to find out how to preserve the quality and condition of appliances like your refrigerator, stove, air conditioning system, etc.
One of the greatest inventions and having a place in every household, the refrigerator is an essential appliance. Keep it running smoothly and avoid repairs for years by following these recommended steps:
- Ensure that the seal on the fridge door is secured tightly, leaving no gaps for air leakage. Take a solution of baking soda and water, then use a toothbrush to clean any food residue or dirt. Do this at least once in six months. Tip: Use the dollar trick to ensure this. Place a dollar note between the door and the fridge, close the door like how you would normally do and try pulling the hanging dollar out. If it slides out easily, then you might need to fix the seal.
- The coils behind your refrigerator tend to get dusty over time which results in weak electricity conduction that ultimately reduces the efficiency. Every four months pull the fridge away from the wall to dust/ vacuum the coils.
- Never leave it empty. Contrary to popular belief that the refrigerator consumes more electricity if it is filled to the brim, it requires to be at full capacity to regulate the temperature. "Thermal Mass" is vital for the proper functioning of your fridge. If there are situations where you might be unable to do so, you could even fill jugs of water and keep them in the refrigerator.
- Have enough materials to keep you sustained without the fridge. In the case of a power cut, remember that refrigerators can maintain the temperature inside without electricity for almost two days if kept closed. Always be prepared.
Periodic inspection and upkeep for your air conditioner will go a long way in ensuring that it runs efficiently without much maintenance or repairs
The key to air conditioner maintenance lies in the coils. A lot of dust from the environment gets accumulated in the coils of your AC. This residue significantly diminishes all wind stream and protects the curl, which hampers in its capacity to assimilate heat. Ensure that the coils are regularly cleaned or vacuumed. Also, remember to clear out the filters. This might need extra attention from your side, particularly if the AC is placed in a dusty environment and you have pets that shed. Also remember to remove any debris in the form of leaves, plants, grass in and around the AC unit.
Your washing machine needs proactive maintenance because it another essential part of every household. To do this, follow these tips:
- Clean the lint filter frequently
- Replace and clean the water pipes: look for any leakage, dirt, debris or water pressure issues.
- Wash the washing machine. Return its favour and rinse away any soap residue or dirt buildup.
- Avoid overloading the machine at all costs. This is a common problem that calls for frequent repairs for your washing machine. Never overload the machine more than its recommended capacity.
- Measure the detergent that you use because an excess of it will lead to residue in the clothes and cause additional problems to your washer
Stoves have straightforward working parts, and, with infrequent fix and customary cleaning, yours should continue serving you and your family for quite a long time.
Minimizing spillage is a simple way to keep the stove in good condition. In case of a spill, clean the stovetop immediately to prevent further staining. On the off chance that a spill has gotten an opportunity to dry out and cook for some time, utilize a wipe alongside an answer of dishwashing fluid and warm water or a 50-50 concoction of vinegar and warm water. Whatever you do, don't surrender to the compulsion to snatch that jar of abrasive powder-you'll make minuscule scratches in the surface. Any future spills will seep into the scratches and be significantly harder to get rid of.
Finally, an ideal approach to cleaning and upkeep of your home appliances is to watch the repair professional at work when he comes to support the machine. You can also ask them for tips on the best way to keep up the machine, so it goes on for a long time without requiring a substitution.