Perrie Edwards is the lead singer of Little Mix bad that has been ruling charts for years now. The band rose through the fame of The X Factor UK season 8. Although media has always been talking about Perrie Edwards and Zayn Malik’s relationship, there is much more you got to know about the female singer's life. Here, we will add some interesting facts about this artist to answer frequently asked questions about her.
Perrie Edwards went to Radipole Primary School, Weymouth before she moved back to South Shields. She graduated from St. Peter and Paul RC Primary School while staying there and then moved to Mortimer Community College for higher education.
Perrie stayed in South Shields for five years and was excellent in both performing arts and academics. She then went off to study in Newcastle College and got a BTEC degree in Performing Arts.
Not many of her fans know this, but Perrie suffers from a condition called Esophageal Atresia that is responsible for the bisectional mark on her tummy.
The singer draws inspiration from Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Steve Perry, Michael Jackson, and Mariah Carey. She idolizes each one of them and that’s what helped her shape the career graph.
Perrie’s parents are Debbie Duffie and Alexander Edwards, and she has an elder brother Jonnie Edwards. Both her parents are signers and that gave her more influence. Her parents separated long back, but are always there for her. Her mother, Debbie, later married to Mark Duffie and Perrie is also close to her stepfather. Perrie’s father also remarried to Joanna Wells and she has a half-sister named Caitlin Edwards.
Perrie Edwards is dating Alex Oxlade Chamberlain currently. But during 2016, she was associated with British actor, Luke Pasqualino. The singer was also known to date Leon King for a short time in 2015. But her relationship with Zayn Malik has always been the most talked about.
Apparently, Perrie was supposed to get married to the One Direction singer. When Zayn was performing Wishing On A Star as the finalists of The X Factor season 8, they were rumored to be together. Both of them, however, denied that were seeing each other. But by May 2012, the rumors were found to be true and the paparazzi clicked them riding a scooter and kissing each other.
Soon, on May 30, 2012, Malik confirmed that he has someone in his life and every knew it was her. On August 18, 2013, after spending a weekend together, Zayn proposed to Perrie and within the next three days, the singers announced that they are engaged. Zayn gifted her a three-diamond ring. However, on August 4, 2015, reports stated that the couple had ended her engagement.
- Eight years back, in 2011, Edwards auditioned solo for The X Factor. She was rejected but teamed up with Jesy Nelson, who was also rejected in the same audition. Together, they created a group named Faux Pas. At this time, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall was a part of group called Orion. They were all rejected candidates to came together to create the Rhythmix group. Later, they changed their name to Little Mix and rose to be one of the most competitive girl groups to win The X Factor title.
- After the win, the group released their first album named DNA in 2012. It was in the third position under UK Albums Charts and one of the top five in USA as well.
- Little Mix went onto to releasing their second album called Salute and then released Get Weird in 2015. By 2016, they delivered the fourth – Glory Days.
- Perrie has been a part of several events and tours. She has also endorsed many brands and products.
- Little Mix was awarded the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Award in 2013 under category Ultimate Export.
- In 2014, they won the Band of the Year for Glamour Awards. Later that year, they won Pure Beauty Awards for ‘Best New Eye Product.
- Little Mix won another Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women Award in 2015, and the category was The Ultimate Girl Group. They were also rewarded with Best UK & Ireland Act by MTV Europe Music Awards.
- Little Mix won Choice International Artist in 2016 from Teen Choice Award.
- The group also won Brit Award for British Single of the Year in 2017 – it was for the Shout Out to My Ex. The song earned the Best Break-Up Song from Radio Disney Music Award as well.
Facts about Perrie Edwards
Here are some more facts about Perrie Edwards that answers all the questions her fans have about her:
1. Who is Perrie Edwards?
The superstar Perrie Edwards is a key member of group Little Mix. As a person, she is happy-go-lucky, funny, and loveable. She has a pure soul and an interesting Instagram profile where she pours her heart out and connects with fans.
2. How old is Perrie?
Perrie is only 26 years old and was born on July 10, 1993.
3. What is her height?
Perrie Edwards height is an impressive 1.63 meters or 5 feet 4 inches.
4. What is her star sign?
Since Perrie is a July baby, her star sign is Cancer.
5. What is Little Mix?
Perrie Edwards is a part of a band named Little Mix. Tulisa and Kelly Rowland handpicked her to be a part of the band during bootcamp during The X Factor season 8. Little Mix sold more than 45 million records all across the globe and made five hit albums that won an award for the Best British Single at BRITS, 2017. The song was Shout Out to My Ex – clearly worth it, isn’t it?
6. What was audition song at X Factor?
Perrie had auditioned at The X Factor by signing the song You Outta Know – a number by Alanis Morisette. The judges loved her but Tulisa was doubtful about her talent initially. Later, she was the one vouching for her and loved how she got stronger in the journey.
It is time you tune in to some of the best Perrie Edwards songs and find out why she is worth all your attention.