First Comes Love – Then Comes Planning
Congratulations, you’re engaged! You’re about to enjoy years of happiness with your special someone. But first, the wedding. Whether you’re a laidback planner or Type-A organizer, coordinating your wedding involves some footwork. The question then becomes whether you should hire an outside wedding planner to take care of the details or do it yourself.
When do You Really Need a Wedding Planner?
What are the benefits of hiring a wedding planner? Martha Stewart is a leading expert on all things wedding. Her advice is that it’s a good idea to hire a wedding planner if you and your future spouse both work full time or just aren’t into details.
However, sometimes the details of planning a wedding can get overwhelming for even the most coordinated people. That’s why her professional advice typically is to hire a planner. But that doesn’t mean you’re giving up complete control of the wedding. It is still your big day and your vision. A smart and well-priced wedding planner will recognize that and be respectful of your wishes.
Here are some other reasons Martha suggests hiring a wedding planner:
You’re on a tight budget
- You’re on a tight budget: A wedding planner can help you cut costs. Their professional advice can lead you to the best deals on florists and caterers. They can also help you choose a beautiful wedding venue that’s within your budget.
Planning the wedding is making you stressed
- Planning the wedding is making you stressed: Let someone else take on the big stuff. You’re there to focus on your special day.
You need a dose of reality
- You need a dose of reality: Sometimes our biggest wedding dreams just aren’t feasible with the budget, timeframe, or wedding venue. A wedding planner can help you put something together that will be realistic but still amazing.
You’re playing tug-of-war with your mom
- You’re playing tug-of-war with your mom: The Bridezilla and mom clash is a cliché with a dose of truth. Moms and daughters often have conflicting visions for what the daughter’s big day should look like. A wedding planner can intervene and find wedding solutions everyone will be happy with.
How to Choose a Wedding Planner
So, you’ve identified that you really need a wedding planner. How do you find one? Experts at The Knot say here’s what you should do.
Set a budget
- Set a budget: You planned a budget for the rest of the wedding. Hiring a wedding planner should have a budget too. The right planner will be well worth the time and money spent with them. Their professional reputation rests on ensuring your event is spectacular.
Research, research, research
- Research, research, research: Wedding planners have different styles. Visit a few websites to see if their typical esthetic matches the vision you have for your own big day.
Narrow down your list
- Narrow down your list: Contact your top choices and ask them about what services they offer. Then set up appointments.
- Come prepared: Bring wedding magazines, your Pinterest board, or any other materials you think will help convey your wedding vision to the planner.
- Get references: Contact other people who have worked with your desired planner. It’s helpful to get the inside scoop on what the planner is like. Did they follow an established budget? How was their relationship with different vendors? This will give you a picture of how the planner might coordinate your own big day.
Wedding Venues for Every Couple
Last but not least, you’ll want your wedding planner in New York to guide you towards the right venue. There are so many venues in New York to choose from that it can be hard to pick one.
Manhattan Penthouse has been listed as one of the twelve best wedding venues in the Big Apple. This luxury space recalls the city’s gilded past. The Compass Ballroom can accommodate up to 200 guests. The Manhattan Penthouse’s legendary décor, iconic location, and spectacular views continue to delight and inspire thousands of couples.
The location’s catering is second to none. Chef Noga creates delicious menus at Manhattan Penthouse. He was trained in France and brings this expertise to every dish.
A wedding planner can be your gateway to a beautiful wedding experience. With the right assistance by your side, you’ll be ready for your big day in style.