So you are planning to relocate your office to another state – then there are probably a few things that you need to know about. For starters, you need to plan your move months in advance and since you are moving your office, you would need to inform your staff and get them on board as well. The ideal thing would be for everyone to agree to relocate to the new location but chances are that some of your staff would be less than keen so you may need to be prepared for some resignations, before the relocation. Here are a few things that you would need to know and plan for when it comes to moving/ relocating your office.
- Planning the move: The first thing that you need to do is to work out the cost. There’s a lot that you need to plan for when it comes to relocating your office. You need to make sure that you have the new place ready to be occupied; apart from that, you need to work out the cost of relocation and factor in the other additional costs, from changing schools for your kids, renting a new home, transportation, and more. You would also have to approach the postal office to register a change of address and even change your banks as well. You can check online for removalists central cost which should help list out some of the top removal firms at your current location. You can then contact them and get a free estimate; soon, you should be able to work out the total cost of the relocation.
- Choose the right firm: Since you are planning to move your office, you would need the services of a reliable and professional moving company to help you move both your office as well as your residence to the new location. It would be a good idea to check out the various top-ranked firms, and see who happens to provide high-quality services along with an attractive price tag for the same. You can Google search for office removals, Sydney and that should provide you with some of the top-ranked movers, in and around Sydney. You can then sort through them, contact them for a free estimate and then make your decision.
- Moving day: You can hire the same firm to handle both your office as well as your residence, but do remember to ensure that you get your kids' stuff sorted and packed first along with some of the more important items. You can do this to ensure that the packers and movers know that it is important and are able to safely store and secure it in their transportation truck, right away.
- List: You need to prepare a list; chances are that the professional movers would use a lot of cardboard boxes for packing up all your stuff. So you need to prepare an inventory of what each box contains so that you can locate the same easily, at the new location. Again, this is why it is important that you pack up the all too important stuff at the start so that it does not get mixed up with the other items which can make it harder for you to locate it, once you move to the new location.
- Customer support: In case you have any doubt or queries, you can contact the firm’s customer support, they would be more than happy to help you out with any questions or doubts that you may have. Additionally, most of the top firms carry insurance which should help provide you with some protection from sudden and unexpected accidents which can damage your goods.
These are some of the things that you would need to review when it comes to your office relocation.