You cannot deny the fact that a toothache can make anyone’s day miserable. Studies have shown that there is a very large number of people suffering from frequent toothaches. We all want healthy teeth but because of the carelessness and other factors, toothaches become very common. It certainly becomes very difficult to focus on anything when you’re suffering from a terrible toothache. Worst is that you can’t even sleep properly because the deadly pain in your teeth won’t let you.
If you are someone who’s not able to figure out the reason of your aching teeth, we have made this simple for you. Here are some of the main reasons that cause a toothache:
- Improper alignment of teeth or impacted wisdom teeth: One of the major causes of a toothache is the misalignment of teeth. These misaligned teeth can end up pushing other teeth out of their position and this can put you in a condition of a terrible toothache. If your teeth aren’t aligned properly, there are various ways to get them in a proper alignment in order to avoid pain. You can visit your orthodontist who can suggest you braces or surgery according to the severity of the condition. Another common reason is the impacted wisdom teeth or the wisdom teeth which haven’t broken through the gum line and cause pain in your teeth.
- Orthodontic alignment: Use of orthodontic appliances like braces and retainers is quite common these days. However, their improper alignment can cause severe pain in your teeth. In the initial days, the pain is common but you need to consider medical help if it persists.
- Improper brushing or flossing techniques: A proper brushing technique is important in order to avoid any dental problem. Make sure to brush your teeth gently because an excess amount of pressure can cause irritation in gums and can also lead to bleeding. The choice of the toothbrush is another important factor which needs to be taken care of. It is recommended to use a toothbrush that has soft bristles which are gentle to your teeth. You can also choose an electric toothbrush because they have a lot of advantages over the traditional ones. Always prefer to buy the best electric toothbrush which can be bought online. Also, consult your dentist about the proper way to floss so that you can know if you’re doing it wrong.
- Teeth grinding: Grinding of teeth is yet another cause of a toothache. Studies have shown that people tend to grind their teeth mostly during the stress or while sleeping. This can cause a significant amount of damage to the strength of your teeth by making them weak. You can use a mouthguard to avoid the condition of teeth grinding while sleeping.
- Damaged dental fillings: Dental fillings are commonly used to cover the grooves or fractures in teeth. However, if these fillings get damaged, the vulnerable and sensitive parts of your teeth get exposed and cause pain. If you notice any such condition, make sure to visit your dentist as soon as possible and get it settled.
- Temperature sensitivity: If you notice severe pain after you eat something hot or cold, this might be the result of tooth sensitivity. It occurs when the enamel of your tooth gets damaged and the nerve endings get exposed to the extreme temperature conditions. There are kinds of toothpaste made for sensitive teeth which you can use if you’re having this problem.
Conclusion: In the light of above discussion, it can be concluded that now you’re aware of possible reasons of your aching tooth. Visit your dentist and have a proper dental check before the condition gets worse. Remember that oral health is something you shouldn’t ignore at any cost.