These are the healthy version of a cookie. There is no flour in this recipe. How can a cookie have no flour? With this "skinny" recipe, a banana, oatmeal and chocolate chips are the key and only ingredients. I must say, these are very good. The only issue is the texture. They will not taste like a "normal" sugar and flour packed cookie. The texture turns out soft. To help with this, leave the cookies in the oven longer. It will help, but not make them hard. If you are a soft cookie lover, then the texture of these will be appreciated.
Needless to say, these cookies are worth a try. I just like knowing I can fill my cookie cravings with still being healthy!
Ingredients: 2 medium ripe bananas, 1 cup of uncooked Old Fashioned Oats, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
Mix the mashed bananas, cinnamon and oats in a bowl
Fold in the chocolate chips
Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and place on the cookie sheet
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake for 12-15 minutes
Remove and let cool
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the mashed bananas, cinnamon and oats in a bowl.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.