The preferred platform for watching and sharing videos of all kinds is now YouTube. But there are times when you might want to save a video for later use or download it for offline viewing. Although downloading videos from YouTube is not currently an official option, there are a number of ways to do so. In this article, we’ll examine a few well-liked methods for downloading YouTube videos and conclude the most convenient way and recommend you the best free YouTube downloader.
Table of Contents
Methods to download YouTube videos
Method 1: Using YouTube Premium (Paid Subscription)
If you have a YouTube Premium subscription, you can legally download YouTube videos. Although the family account costs $22.99 per month and the individual account costs $13.99, YouTube Premium has some limitations. Additionally, not all videos can be downloaded using YouTube Premium. If you want to use this method, you can download videos with the following step by step guide.
- Become a YouTube Premium subscriber: Sign up for a paid YouTube Premium (previously known as YouTube Red) subscription.
- Locate the video: Find the video you want to download and start it up.
- Tap the “Download” button on a mobile device: This button is located beneath the video player.
- Select quality options (if applicable): If prompted, choose your preferred resolution before confirming the download.
Method 2: Using Browser Extensions/Add-ons
Another practical method to directly download YouTube videos without leaving your browser window is through browser extensions or add-ons.
- Install a trustworthy extension, such as “Video Downloader Professional” for Google Chrome or “Easy YouTube Video Downloader Express” for Mozilla Firefox.
- Find YouTube: Launch YouTube in your web browser.
- Find the video: Look for the particular video you want to download.
- Click the extension icon: After discovering the video, click the extension icon in the toolbar of your browser.
- Choose a download option: From the options the extension presents, select the format and quality that you want to download in.
- Download: To begin downloading, click the “Download” or equivalent button.
Unless you specify a different location, the downloaded video will typically be saved in the browser’s default downloads folder.
Method 3: Using YouTube Video Downloader Software
You’ll have the most control over downloading online videos with third-party software. Typically, a program such as 4K Video Downloader downloads the highest-quality version of the YouTube video it can find after you paste the URL into the program.
Install the software: find a YouTube downloader APP and install it on your device.
Copy the URL: Copy the video’s URL from your browser’s address bar.
Paste and Initiate: Paste the URL to the designated field and initiate the downloading process.
Save and Edit: After downloading the video, some YouTube Video Downloaders software will provide functions such as edit, clip, etc.
Method 4: Using Online Video Downloaders
Without installing any additional software, online video downloader websites provide a convenient way to save YouTube videos from within your browser. This is how:
- Discover the video: Find the video you want to download on YouTube.
- Copy the URL: From the address bar of your browser, copy the video’s URL.
- Select a web-based downloader: Visit a reliable website for downloading videos online, such as YTBsaver YouTube downloader.
- Paste and download: On the downloader website, paste the copied URL into the field provided and select “Download” or a comparable button.
- After the website has processed your request, it will present you with options for downloading various file types (like MP4 or WebM) and quality levels (like 720p or 1080p). After choosing your preferred format and quality, click “Download” once more.
Actually, in terms of the mentioned 4 methods, using online video downloaders is more convenient and easily accessible. For example, YTBsaver free YouTube downloader can allow you to download YouTube videos just with a browser. There is no need to install any desktop or extension. Since there is no installation or registration, free online YouTube downloaders are more and more popular. Therefore, enjoy your seamless viewing experience with the YTBsaver YouTube downloader now!