The solar energy industry began to develop at an accelerated pace. This is evidenced by SEIA data. The organization’s report indicates that the capacity of solar electricity production has increased 3 times over the past six years. Several factors are contributing to this situation simultaneously: the need for alternative energy sources, the drop in the cost of solar systems, and state support.
Under such conditions, more and more homeowners and entrepreneurs are interested in how they can be installed in their homes, and how to find solar companies with an excellent reputation. We offer comprehensive material that will help you understand these issues and how solar panels can be installed in houses.
Table of Contents
How To Determine Whether Solar Panels Are Suitable for a Particular House?
The cost of a solar system is still quite high for the average homeowner despite the existence of many programs and financial incentives. That is why, before purchasing systems, many of them want to determine whether the house is suitable for installing such structures. The question of the level of productivity is also particularly important. That is, whether the selected solar panels will be able to ensure the production of the required amount of electricity.
You can get answers to these questions yourself. For example, start with simple calculations. To determine whether the installations will be efficient, you need to compare the electricity consumption over a certain period (better than a year) with the power level of the panels. As for the possibility of placing structures in the household, in this case, it is worth considering the dimensions of the panels and the free area.
It can be not only the roof but also the territory near the house. However, in the process of independent calculations, it is easy to make a mistake or forget about important criteria. That is why it is worth seeking help from specialists of companies that are suppliers of solar systems. They will provide a comprehensive approach at all stages related to the selection and installation of structures.
First, company specialists conduct a consultation and talk about existing options. If a homeowner decides to switch to solar technology for power generation, a home analysis is performed. Specialists study the location, features of the building, the dimensions of the area and perform calculations that allow for determining future performance.
In particular, they help to calculate the number of solar panels that will be enough to provide the house with electricity. In addition, location studies are underway. Experienced specialists determine the best location where solar panels will be able to work with the maximum level of efficiency. The research process also considers the possible increase in the need for electricity in the future.
What Are the Options for Using Solar Energy in the House?
Modern solar companies offer high-tech solutions for various facilities. Thanks to this, almost every homeowner can choose solar panels for homes that will provide the required performance. Currently, the following options are available for installation in private households:
- Autonomous solar installations: These are structures that work separately from the general network. That is, they do not connect to it and do not send excess electricity there. In this case, only this system will provide the house with electricity. This type of solar panel is usually chosen for buildings that cannot be connected to the general network for certain reasons.
- Solar panels that connect to the utility grid: This is the most common option, which is connected to public network communications permanently. It can be an additional source, so the owner will not have to look for a source of accumulation of produced energy.
- Solar panels with backup power connection: A battery is usually used as a source for such a power supply. Due to these features, installations are often called “hybrid”. They consist of solar panels, a battery that stores electricity, and a backup power source.
In addition, you can use the advantages of solar energy for homes in another way. Some construction suppliers offer a rental service. In this case, the company will charge a monthly fee for using the systems. This allows savings in the short term, as the customer does not need to spend a large amount at once.
How To Determine the Required Number of Solar Panels?
This is one of the main issues that must be resolved at the stage of choosing and purchasing the system. After all, the level of providing the building with electricity will depend on this factor. Several factors must be considered when determining the number of installations necessary: the approximate level of electricity consumption, the house’s location, as well as the local climate.
Determining these indicators is quite simple. However, many homeowners have difficulties establishing the right residential solar panels based on this data. That is why it is worth consulting with specialists of companies that are suppliers of solar solutions. They will be able to choose the right number of structures considering individual parameters and recommend the right size.
Is It Possible To Install Solar Panels Yourself?
Solar systems consist of many components. These include solar panels, mounts, cables, inverters, special control panels, and other components. Experts point out that without proper knowledge and experience, it is possible to fix solar panels. They can be placed on the roof or in a designated area near the house. Correct installation of all other components requires proper equipment and knowledge.
After all, it is about connecting to the power grid and generating current. The slightest mistake in this case can lead to dangerous consequences. In addition, it is worth considering the requirements in the warranty provided by the supplier. He can indicate that its receipt directly depends on the installation of systems by a professional. Otherwise, the warranty will be void. Given that it is usually provided for 20-25 years, you should not take the risk and install the system yourself.
How To Choose a Reliable Solar Company?
To appreciate all the advantages of quality construction and reliable installation, you should find a reliable company with an impeccable reputation. To determine such a supplier, several aspects should be taken into account:
- Terms of sale and product quality. The first thing to learn is the features of solar panels, as offered by the company, and the benefits of buying them. The best and most effective solution will be monocrystalline panels that have a hidden rack system. In addition, you need to immediately find out about the guarantee. Its duration should not be less than 20-30 years.
- Related services. It is better to choose companies that immediately provide installation and configuration services. This will save you from additional worries related to finding a specialist to install them.
- Availability of financial advantages. When choosing a company, you should make sure that it supports the federal tax credit program and other incentives.
Of course, in the search process, you can also use the traditional method – analysis of reviews. This allows you to see information from real buyers who have already contacted the company.
Solar systems are one of the great solutions for providing electricity to homes. They are ecological, reliable, sustainable, and financially beneficial. The installation process is also important to consider when choosing this solution. The correct functioning and safety of the electrical network in the house depend on it. That is why you should not ignore the help of qualified specialists. After all, even the smallest deviation can harm the system.