If you’re stuck at home due to the pandemic or for some other reason, you need good indoor air quality to keep you healthy and protect you against serious ailments. Having a functional air purifier inside your home can help you achieve this.
Investing in an air purifier is one of the most effective ways to improve the indoor air quality at home and keep your environment free from allergens, dust, pet hair, and other harmful pollutants. However, choosing the right air purifier can be extremely challenging. There are different types and brands of air purifiers to choose from, but not all of them offer exceptional features and services to suit your needs.
If you’re searching for a great air purifier for your home, below are some tips to consider:
Identify Your Needs
As mentioned, air purifiers allow you to clean your indoor air and make it healthy for everyone. However, most air purifiers have different uses. Thus, if you want to buy the right product, you should first know why you need an air purifier.
Below are the common reasons why you need an air purifier:
- Allergies – If you’re allergic to dust, pollen, and other substances typically present in the air, you should have an air purifier intended for allergy relief. These purifiers come with multiple filters to eliminate indoor allergens.
- Molds – A serious problem for any homeowner is mold growth, which can be detrimental to your health when they’re ingested or inhaled. If you want to make mold less of a threat to your health, choose the best air purifier for mold. You can visit some review websites to help you determine the perfect one for your needs.
- Smoke – If your house produces fumes or smoke that can trigger some respiratory problems, buy smoke air purifiers to clean the air and remove the smoke’s unpleasant odors.
- Chemical Sensitivities – If you’re sensitive to chemicals, buying an air purifier for chemical sensitivities is an excellent choice. It can help clean the air and enhance the indoor air quality of your home.
Check The Features
Besides your specific needs, it’s also important to know whether you need a certain air purifier feature. For example, if you want an energy-efficient product, choose the one with a high energy star rate. Also, if you’re looking for a highly functional air purifier, pick one with multiple features such as filter change indicators, caster wheels, remote controls, multiple fan speed, and many more. By considering these features, you can make sure you’re investing in a purifier that directly addresses your needs.
Determine The Area You Need To Purify
Just like other devices, air purifiers have different purifying capacities depending on the size of the room. Because of this, take the time to measure the area you need to purify before purchasing an air purifier. This is to ensure the device can clean your indoor air efficiently.
For example, if you want to clean the air of your personal space, which is more or less 299 square feet, then a small device will do. On the other hand, if you’re looking to purify the whole house, you should check out for whole-house models.
Check The Type Of Maintenance Required
Another way to choose the best air purifier is to assess the type of maintenance required. Since buying an air purifier can be a significant investment, you must know how often you need to replace the filter. That way, you’ll find out whether the equipment you’re considering is worthy of your time and money.
The following are the different air filters you can choose from:
- Pre-Filters – These air filters generally last three months.
- Carbon Filters – These types of filters can only last up to six months.
- HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) Filters – These types of filters can last up to one year, but certain brands will last up to five years.
If you want to get the best value for your money, think about the maintenance costs required for a particular air purifier. Remember, replacing filters will cost you additional money, so you should one that you can comfortably afford.
Read The Warranty Thoroughly
Again, purchasing an air purifier can be considered a considerable investment. If you want to make the most out of it, check the warranty thoroughly to ensure you have a recourse if your new purifier doesn’t work as it should. Some stores offer extended warranties on top of the manufacturers’ warranty. So, read the warranty policy first before you make a purchase.
Realistically speaking, there’s no specific air purifier that will work for everyone. Depending on what you’re looking for, you’ll find models with varying features, maintenance requirements, size capacities, and many more. Use of the list above to help you find the perfect one for your home.
i never thought this much about air purifier good post
these are great ideas and thanks for sharing them