Many people think that saving money is tough, but it doesn’t have to be. With a few lifestyle tweaks, you’d be amazed at how much money you’ll be able to stash away for a trip or just a rainy day. Here are ten ways you can save money easily!
- Make Your Own Coffee If you’re used to stopping at the coffee shop every day for your morning fix, consider getting a grinder and coffee beans and brewing your coffee at home.
- Use the Library A lot of us love to browse book stores either online or in town, but books are expensive. To get your reading fix and save money, get yourself a library card and check out books or movies instead of buying them.
- Go to the Thrift Store You can get excellent deals on clothes, appliances and even furniture at your local thrift store. While it’s tempting to run to the mall when you want a new pair of jeans or a sweater, try the thrift store first. The common misconception is that thrift stores only sell junk, but that’s not the case.
- Carpool A great way to save money is to carpool to work or events with friends. Every day that you don’t have to drive means more money you’re not spending in gas. Carpooling means less money spent on gas and less wear and tear on your vehicle.
- Make Bulk Purchases You can save a ton of money when you bulk buy essential products such as toilet paper, toothpaste, deodorant, and other items you use every day. Also, if you have a favorite food that’s non-perishable, consider buying that in bulk as well.
- Wear Neutral Color Clothes When you buy clothes in neutral colors such as white, black, brown, or grey., your wardrobe expands because of everything pairs well. If you want to add some color, consider a necklace or scarf.
- Purchase Generic Goods Getting generic items is always cheaper than buying brand names, and in most cases, you’re not sacrificing quality because the big name manufacturers generally make the same products for the generic suppliers.
- Clip Coupons Clipping coupons out of the paper can be a hassle, but it can save you a lot of money at the grocery store. Or, if you’re not keen on clipping, check out your App Store for apps that provide you with coupon codes that can be scanned at the store.
- Make a Piggy Bank You’d be surprised at how that loose change adds up. Get yourself a piggy bank or jar and stash it away. Then, at the end of the year, take it to the bank or cash machine and have it counted. You might have enough to pay a bill or treat yourself to a nice dinner out!
- Drink Water Yes, drinking water instead of soda or juice that you buy at the store is not only healthier, but it saves you money. If you don’t like your tap water, consider getting a filter.
Follow these tips by The Phenix Group to save money for 2020!