You want to sell your home and you want to do it fast is this your situation? Here is how you can sell your home. The reasons for selling off the house quickly vary from one homeowner to another but the experience is nearly the same: it’s difficult. Selling a home is already a stressful ordeal; combine it with a time crunch, the entire situation can be more nerve-wracking. It’s not as if you can immediately bump into someone who says, “We buy houses in Charlotte, NC! What’s your number?”
Fortunately, there are still some things you can do to sell your home faster.
Here are some techniques you can use to increase your house’s marketability, decrease your waiting time and attract strong offers.
Clean and Declutter
If you are short on time, one of the first tasks to focus on is making your home’s interior as appealing to as many buyers as possible. No homebuyer wants a disorganized new home, so schedule a day when you can clean and declutter.
Your to-do list may include the following tasks:
- Organize the closets. Buyers are interested in storage space; in fact, 64 percent of buyers believe ample storage is extremely important (Zillow Group Consumer Housing Trends Report 2018). They’ll check your storage areas, closets and pantries. Remove extra belongings from your storage. Open space gives the impression that your house has plenty of storage.
- Get a storage unit and put large furnishings or any extra belongings there to keep your rooms look small, crowded or messy.
- Do a deep clean of every room of the house, including bathroom tiles, kitchen cabinets, baseboards and carpets. Since you are short on time, hire professionals to do the job.
- Persona belongings, like keepsakes, family photos and religious artifacts distract buyers, preventing them from imagining their life in your home. Store them away.
Choose a Selling Strategy
If you wish to completely bypass the traditional selling process, here are some alternative ways to sell your house fast:
- Sell to a developer. This is an option if your home is on a large lot and/or a teardown
- Sell to an investor who flips homes. You can sell your house fast but you may get less than the market value.
- Sell your home at an auction. Similar to selling to an investor, you can sell your home quickly with this option but you might get less than you bargained for.
- Hire an agent. A professional real estate agent knows what it takes to quickly sell your home. They’ll streamline time-consuming tasks, such as negotiations, contract prep work, signing the deal and closing it.
Repair Quick Repairs
Since you don’t have the time for a major renovation, improve your home by taking care of the small fixes that may deter potential buyers:
- Fix loose tiles
- Tighten leaky faucets
- Patch up areas where the paint is scratched or peeled
- Repair loose door handles
A few minor upgrades can improve your home’s marketability. For example, you can:
- Apply a fresh coat of paint
- Change outdated or old light fixtures
- Purchase newer appliances
- Install new hardware on bathroom and kitchen cabinets
Spruce Up Your Interiors and Exteriors
No matter what your timeline is, every seller benefits from staging and adding curb appeal to their home. After all, making a good first impression can make or break a deal.
You can pack up and hire a stager. Staging is a common real estate tactic used by agents and homeowners who want to sell the house fast. Staging makes rooms look larger and define spaces. If you want to sell your home quickly, keep your belongings in storage space and have a professional stager bring their own décor and furniture. They’ll arrange it in a way that highlights your home’s best features.
As for your home’s exteriors, improving your curb appeal makes your house look well-maintained, welcoming and tidy.
To achieve good curb appeal, consider hiring a professional landscaper to do the following tasks:
- Clear paths and walkways
- Trim the greenery, from overgrown trees to shrubs
- Plant flowers
- Clean doorknobs and windows
- Replace broken mailboxes or lights
- Sweep away debris and spider webs
- Plant flowers
Be Flexible with Showings
Although you want to sell your home ASAP, it’s important to still be accommodating with your buyers’ requests. Last-minute showings can be challenging, but nobody will buy your home if they can’t see it. If you’re not flexible with showings, your house may sit in the market for a long time.
Selling your home fast is difficult, but not impossible. If you want to sell your house as soon as possible, consider the suggestions above and work with a trusted real estate agent.