Got a new Alexa device and facing difficulty to get connected to the Wi-Fi, and then read on this article to learn how to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi. The Alexa enabled device would let you play your favorite music through voice commands or searches whatever you want through voice commands with ease. You can easily control all the gadgets and devices with ease. It also allows you to shop and create schedules without touching the device. However, you can only activate all these functions by connecting the Alexa device to the Wi-Fi.
How to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi
Connecting Alexa to the Wi-Fi for the first time
You must download and install the Alexa app on the device. If you are using iPhone or IPAD, you can download from the App Store, and if you are using Android devices or other ones, you can download from Google Play Store.
When you install the app on the device, it prompts you do perform these steps.
- Provide the device credentials to log in
- Tap the Get Started button after receiving the prompt
- Select the name from the list of names that are offered by the mobile. If you are someone’s list, you can provide your name.
- You should allow the mobile to gain access to your accounts and notifications. However, this step is not required to connect your device to Wi-Fi, so you can tap on Later or Allow based on your preferences.
- Tap the Alexa menu button on the upper-left corner of the screen. The drop-down list is displayed, from which you must select Settings.
- Tap Add New Device option
- Choose the type of the Alexa device from the list (It can be any device, be it echo, Echo plus or so on)
- Choose a specific model of the Alexa device you would like to set up on the Alexa app.
- Plug-in the Alexa enabled device to the outlet and wait for it to display the right signifier, the explanation of which is there in the app. If the device has an active aconnection, then you must press and hold the action button on the Alexa enabled device. For instance, if you are setting up Amazon echo, you can see the orange color light on the top of the device. When you see this, it is clear that the device is ready to perform Alexa operations.
- Select the Continue button
- Based on the device you are using, the application would prompt you to connect to it through the Smartphone wireless settings.
- Connect the Wi-Fi to the custom Amazon network. When you connect the mobile to the device, you will get a confirmation message, and the app will go to the other screen.
- Tap Continue
- The Wi-Fi networks available in your vicinity would get displayed on the app.
- Select the Wi-Fi network with which you would like the device to pair-up with and then enter the password of the Wi-Fi network
- The app screen starts to show the progress of preparing the device.
- If the Wi-Fi connection is successfully established with the Alexa enabled device, you can get a message that the tool is online.
Connecting the Alexa device to the new Wi-Fi network
Do you have a question on how to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi? If you have the Alexa device, which is in connection to the Wi-Fi earlier, but now you have moved to a new place and have a new Wi-Fi connection, then you must change from the previous Wi-Fi network to the new Wi-Fi network by changing the password.
Follow these steps to do so:
- Tap the menu icon on the upper left corner of the mobile and tap the Settings option
- Go to Device Settings and select the device that you would like to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Tap Change corresponding to the Wi-Fi network
- Select and connect the Wi-Fi to the custom name of your Amazon network
- When the phone is in connection with the device successfully, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Tap Continue
- You can see the list of Wi-Fi networks in the app and select the system to which you want to pair up the device and enter the password of the new Wi-Fi network.
- Now, the device connection is successful in the new Wi-Fi network.
How to connect the Alexa device to the Wi-Fi without using the app
How to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi? If you would like to connect the Alexa device to your Wi-Fi network, but do not want to use the Alexa app, then you must follow this procedure.
Ensure that the internet connectivity is quick and highly reliable. It is easier for you to connect the Alexa devices to the dual bandwidth router devices like these work at a jet speed and stable.
Ensure that you connect your Smartphone device to the internet before you start to establish Wi-Fi connectivity for your Alexa device.
Follow these steps if you have a question of how to connect Alexa to the phone.
- Go to the Phone settings and tap on the network or select the WLAN menu.
- It will display a list of Wi-Fi networks. Select the wireless network to which you would like to connect the device and enter the password and connect
- When the wireless network is ready, you can connect the Alexa device to the internet. It is possible even without the help of the Alexa app.
Tips for troubleshooting the issues you come across while connecting Alexa device to the Wi-Fi
Restart the router and connect the modem correctly. The connectivity issues would result in poor connectivity between the Alexa device and the Wi-Fi. The best way to solve the hardware issues is to restart the router.
If the issue persists, there should be some problem with your Alexa device. You must start the Alexa device again and connect it again. Many times, when you reboot the Alexa device, it will solve the connectivity issues. So, that is how to connect Alexa to the phone.
Check for the settings of the Alexa device on the app. The incorrect settings would also result in the problem of connecting to the Wi-Fi network. You must reset the device to the settings that were earlier. When you reset to the factory settings, all the custom settings you have added will be gone.