Planning is the key to the success of any activity whether it is a business activity or a vacation. We all become very excited about our vacations and it is a very important break that every person deserves from his/her daily routine. If you want to plan a short trip to some hill station, so Mahabaleshwar is a very good option. Even you can easily book hotels in Mahabaleshwar that will make your trip more exciting and fun.
Mahabaleshwar is a hill station that is known for its scenery beauty and also strawberries. People come here to relax their minds from all the chaos of the city. You can enjoy your stay with your family and friends. The visit to this place will be worth every penny that you spend to come here. Here is the list of things to do when you are in Mahabaleshwar. Let’s have a look at them.
- Marpo garden: This is on the top position of the tourists whosoever visits here. This garden is famous for its delicious and amazing strawberries. Even the deal with many other processed fruit items. In this garden, you will find a beautiful nursery, a play area for children, a chocolate factory, and a retail outlet. The marpo company has extended its product ranges and now deals with many types of jams, syrups, etc. you can go for a tour of this factory and understand their working style.
- Wilson point: This point is around fifteen hundred meters above sea level and is considered to be the highest point of Mahabaleshwar. You can see the most beautiful sunrise and sunset views from here. It is an amazing point for couples and people who love photography. You can take beautiful pictures of nature here.
- Vennalake: this place comes on the hit list of the tourists. This is a man-made constructed lake that will be loved by the people. You can enjoy boating in this place and can enjoy the beautiful views nearby it.
- Partapgarh fort: The only historical place in Mahabaleshwar that was built by Maharaja Shivaji. According to trusted sources, many of the important historical events took place here. Even Shiva Ji defeated Adil khan here in this fort. The statue of Shivaji is a great attraction for tourists.
- Mahabaleshwar Temple: The architecture of this temple stands out in the style of Maratha heritage. This temple was constructed to show the dedication of Marathas towards the Hindu Lord Shiva. It has been concluded in some trusted studies that around six meters long Shiva lingam was placed inside its temple. But now only the tip of the lingam is visible to the tourists. The architecture of the temple is worth seeing.
- Elphinstone point: This is a very popular point in Mahabaleshwar. Here you can come with your family and friends to see the full head of the elephant that formed in the natural stone. This place is surrounded by a lot of greenery and scenery that makes it a perfect place for tourists to take pictures.
- Velocity entertainmentz: If you are some who love adventure then this is a must visit the place. It is an amusement park which is an all-time favorite of both children and adults. You can enjoy various rides and games that will keep you entertained the whole day. One day trip to this place is worth a single penny that you have spent.
- Wax museum: Wanna take photograph with any of the celebrities then it is a place where you can get it. Here you will be able to see more than thirty wax statues of various Indian as well as international celebrities. You can take a picture of them. For children, they display various types of candle making activities that will keep them entertained.
- Dhobi waterfall: The water falling from a great height and the sound of it falling will soothe both your eyes and ears. This waterfall is surrounded by lush greenery. Another favorite place for photographers that can capture photographs of the real beauty of nature.
- Morarji Castle: A beautiful castle that is a perfect example of British architecture. It is a place that holds great historical significance, as it is said that Mahatma Gandhi had spent some time here at the time of independence of India.
- Tiger spring: It is a naturally occurring spring near the Savitririver. Local people believed that the water of this place has some magical powers that can heal many problems. The water here is not very deep so you can take a dip in the water without any safety concerns. Else it is a perfect place to relax with your family and friends.
- Tableland: It is a volcanic mountain plateau that is located around forty-five hundred meters above sea level. It is considered to be the second-highest plateau in Asia. The greenery there adds more to the beauty of the plateau. Another famous spot of the people who love photography. It is such a delightful experience to watch sunrise and sunset here with your loved one.
- Rajpuri caves: When you are in Mahabaleshwar, never miss a chance to visit rajpuri caves. It is believed that the Pandavas took shelter in these caves after their exile. There is a kund near the caves and local people say that the water in the kund is holy and can cure many diseases. There is a temple inside these caves.
- Town bazaar: After all the adventure, if you want to shop for something to take back memories from this place, then must visit the town bazaar. Here you will find all the handcrafted items that will very beautiful. Rest enjoy the fresh strawberries and beauty of this place while shopping.
So these places are some of the things that a person must never forget whenever he visits this place. All you need is the support of a proper plan of travel and stay and definitely, you will enjoy visiting all these exciting places.