Do you want to give an aesthetic and beautiful look to your kitchen countertops?
Concrete will offer an earthy and elegant look to your kitchen. But, it doesn’t mean that you don’t need maintenance for concrete countertops. If you want to seal your concrete countertop, sealwithease.com is here to give you the top 5 tips that you can use to make your kitchen countertop durable, shiny, and long-lasting.
SealWithEase.com offers a number of steps that can be used in the sealing process. In addition to it, it will also help you to choose the right sealer to be used, and how to maintain the kitchen concrete countertops.
Let the process begin!
Choosing the right sealer:
With hundreds of sealers available in the market, choosing the best sealer can be a challenging task. But, you can look at reviews of different concrete sealers from SealWithEase.com. Some of the tips for choosing the right sealers include:
- Look at a sealer that is food safe, colorless, and which is heat and scratch-resistant. You can look for the sealers that are specially designed for the kitchen countertop. In addition to this, check with the manufacturer and shopper that the sealer doesn't get yellowish soon.
- Use a sealer that is safe to be used indoors. Most sealers are made up of chemicals, and they smell weird. Thus, it is important to ensure that the sealers are safe enough and that they don’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- The sealers are available in different shine formats. The choice of shine will completely depend on your personal taste. But, it is always advisable to look for a sealer that has a matte-finish for application in the kitchen. If you are looking for a porcelain-like finish, you can look for a high-gloss sealing product.
How to apply the sealer:
Applying a sealer is an easy task if you have proper knowledge about it. If you are not a pro at this task, you should always look for a professional that can help you. You also need the best tools and products to get the desired result. If you are thinking about completing the process yourself, look at the following guidelines:
- Before you begin the process, try the sealing product on a surface. Testing is one of the essential steps that will help you know how the finished product will look like. Thus, know about the performance and appearance of your kitchen countertop beforehand by testing the sealer.
- You need the proper tools to get the desired result. Look at the manufacturers’ installation tips to look at the tools and materials needed to use the sealer. The manufacturer guidelines contain almost all the information needed to get the desired result.
- When it comes to using the sealer, less is always best. It means you need to apply the sealer into multiple coats. Use less sealer in the first coat, and once it dries us, you can use another coating.
- If you want to get more luster and a better finish, you can also apply a food-safe finishing wax. This wax helps to preserve the sealer for a longer duration. In addition to this, since it is a food-safe, you won't come in contact with any harmful chemicals.
How to maintain the sealer:
Just applying sealers is not enough; you also need to maintain the sealers. A general rule says that always uses a PH-Neutral cleaner and try to avoid harsh cleaner as far as possible if you want the sealer to last longer. In addition to this, clean the countertops regularly and try to get rid of all kinds of spills as soon as possible. Try to use the acidic product away from the countertops. Use a chopping board to chop vegetables and fruits that contain acidic elements. Just using a sealer is not enough; proper maintenance of the sealer will give a longer life to your concrete countertops.
Today, most people are lured due to the looks and beautiful appearance of the concrete countertops. But the installation of concrete countertops comes up with huge investment. Thus, if you need your investment to work well, you will have to maintain the concrete countertops.
The tips mentioned above are well-prepared by SealWithEase.com to enable you to protect your concrete countertops. All the tips are prepared after reviewing different research and going through hundreds of customer testimonials.
Use all these tips provided by SealWithEase.com and let us know which ones worked for you. We hope that all these tips will help you in maintaining your beautiful concrete countertop for a long time.
So, let the beauty of your concrete countertop shine more by applying sealers. Use all the tips and steps provided above and read more such articles on https://sealwithease.com/ to be aware of all recent happenings in the field of sealers of all kinds. Let your kitchen be the most beautiful area in your home with all these countertop sealing tips.