Fishing is one of the most popular pastimes in the world. Regardless of where you go in the world (desert areas excluded!), you will see someone fishing. The rods used by these people vary greatly, from homemade bamboo poles to the latest, most technologically advanced rods available anywhere, these are the tools of the trade. Depending on where you plan to go fishing, you will need to select your rod carefully, a fishing rod is not always just a fishing rod!
If you are a fishing enthusiast who likes to fish in the ocean, you will probably need a rod that is specifically designed for your intended catch. Likewise, if you’re an avid angler, you will also need a rod that is fit for purpose. There are so many high quality items such as those Zenaq fishing rods for sale that it can be hard to make a decision, particularly if you’re not entirely sure what you’re looking for. The guide below is intended to help you pick the right fishing rod for your specific requirements. If you need further information, it’s best to speak to a dedicated fishing rod specialist who should be able to answer all your questions.
Selecting The Right Fishing Rod
Please see below for a selection of fishing rods that are suitable for certain types of fishing:
- Casting Rods – These are for fisherman who know exactly where the fish are biting and allows them to place the lure or bait in areas where they think the fish are. You will need practice to master this kind of rod, but the possible rewards are worth it. The eyes on this rod are at the top.
- Telescopic Rods – These extremely portable rods are probably the most popular for fishing enthusiasts of all ages. These rods are fully extendable and can be adapted to almost any environment and with a flexible tip are easy to cast.
- Spinning Fishing Rods – These rods are similar to casting rods but are generally smaller and lighter making them ideal for novices and children.
- Fly Fishing Rods – A very versatile fishing rod which can be used in a wide range of environments from mountain streams to catching large saltwater fish in the ocean.
- Ice Fishing Rods – These specialist fishing rods are unique due to the fact that many of the traditional designs don’t have reels but rather two opposing hooks that are wound in by hand.
- Sea Fishing Rods – As a rule, sea fishing rods are heavy duty and designed specifically to withstand all the punishment the ocean can deliver. This is one rod where practice is the name of the game and where a certain degree of physical strength is beneficial.
To the inexperienced, the types of rods above may be indistinguishable from each other and the only sure-fire way to make the right choice is to seek advice from an experienced fishing rod specialist. If you visit them in store, you can try each rod out for yourself and get the information you need first-hand.
To get an even better understanding of the fishing rod. Consider taking a fishing tour where the rods are provided for you. This will ensure you develop a good understanding for the rod along with what kinds of fish you may be able to catch with them.
If you’re buying online, don’t hesitate to drop the company an email. The vast majority will be more than happy to answer any question you may have.