The enchanting city of Rishikesh is one of the tops of most visited place in India. Whether it is for its spirituality, or for the many quirky cafes that are a dream come true for backpackers, or it is for the holy ashrams that help you detox and meditate for a better lifestyle. No matter, what the reason, a day tour in Rishikesh will never disappoint you.
However, there are so many things to do in a Rishikesh Day Tour that sometimes you can get lost. The culture is also a little different, so you can get a little confused about what to do, and where all to go. So, to keep all those questions away, here are some tips for your Rishikesh Day Tour.
1.Explore as much as you can on foot
There is no better way to embark on a Rishikesh Day Tour other than on foot. Just wander off, without a map or a guide and explore this enchanting little city. You can visit shops, cross the bridges, head off to the ghats, talk to locals along the narrow lanes, or just sit down in a cafe and drink some tea!
You just cannot go wrong if you start your Rishikesh Day tour by walking around the city.
2. Let the Ganges Heal You
River Ganga that flows through the city of Rishikesh making it more alluring and spiritual, is quite a huge tourist attraction. This eternally gushing river is the holiest in India, and you can find it in all of its glory in Rishikesh.
There are many ways to explore Ganga. To see the serene and calm side of Ganga, visit the Ghats early morning and sit. Watch the idle river flow through the city. To see the thunderous side of Ganga, head off to do some river rafting, and feel the force of this river. And finally, to feel the magic of Ganga, just take a refreshing dip into the river, and let it cleanse you from within. It is pure magic to dip into the river!
3. Go Off The Radar
While Rishikesh has some major tourist sites, you can also utilise your Rishikesh Day tour by visiting places that you normally wouldn’t. Take the road less beaten, and find the other, more hidden side of Rishikesh.
- You can walk the same road that the Beatles did, and head off to an ashram to practise some mindful Yoga. The ashram is also filled with graffitis, and photographs humouring the Beatles.
- You can engage in some Ayurvedic treatment and yoga workshops on your day tour. This will help you heal from your soul, and to have a spiritual and engaging experience.
- You can embark on a little hike to the many waterfalls and picturesque nature trails that start from Rishikesh. This is a great way to explore the natural beauty of Rishikesh, complete with the Himalayas in the background. There are also many ethereal waterfalls around Rishikesh, like the Patna Waterfall, Neer Garh Waterfall and the HimShail Waterfall
- You can also engage in fun-filled adventure activities like- bungee jumping, river rafting, kayaking, flying fox and many more.
4. Eat Local
The food of Rishikesh is exactly what you can expect from any North Indian city. Filled with delicious street food, and mouth-watering sweets, Rishikesh is quite a treat for the food lovers. Indulge in some lemon shikanji, Chola kulcha, golgappe, chaats and many more. You must also visit the wonderful cafes of Rishikesh to complete your food journey. Some of these cafes also have exceptional views of the city, making everything all the more tempting.
5. Rishikesh is a staunch Hindu city so you will not find non-veg options. You need to prepare yourself to be off eggs, chicken or any other kind of meat.
6. Alcohol is also prohibited here.
7. Rishikesh is quite a crowded city, so keep your valuables close. You also need to protect them from monkeys and cows! While the monkeys will try to steal your food items and even wallets, the cows tend to block the narrow lanes.
Finally, keep an open mind and let the magic of Rishikesh flow inside you. It is quite an enchanting to visit Rishikesh in a day, but most importantly makes sure you are game for everything to make your Rishikesh Day Tour even more exciting and memorable.