In today’s day and age, there are a wide plethora of varying trends flooding the market from all sides. The sheer variation of trends can be found anywhere and everywhere and is not at all limited to one or two main services in general. You can be sure of that fact. This is precisely what leads to the ‘paradox of choice’ where people just find it mind-bogglingly difficult to choose the best option for themselves, simply due to the fact that there are too many options to choose from.
In this regard, it certainly does help to firstly take the trends on a yearly basis and then sort them out on the basis of popularity. However, that is only a part of the overall puzzle and you will have to take the aspects of driveway maintenance, your home design tastes as well as the lifespan period. That is a fact if you are looking for services that provide the best driveway resurfacing in Newcastle.
Let’s take a closer look at the top five most popular paved driveway materials:-
- Asphalt paved driveways: Not only are these kinds of driveways extremely popular, but there is also the fact that they provide a durable surface for parking your vehicle. One of the main drawbacks is that with the passage of time, these driveways need to be resealed, increasing the number of maintenance costs in the bargain. In spite of all this, the life expectancy of such driveways is estimated to be about thirty years or more.
- Poured concrete driveways: Being one of the most preferred driveway types out there, this is a relatively low-maintenance driveway option. Here, concrete is allowed to contract and expand, allowing for the formation of different sections and patterns. Even though these sorts of pavements are more expensive than other options, the can last for decades on end without any kind of decay insight.
- Stamped concrete driveways: In case you were still wondering, these driveways are primarily an alternative to plain concrete. The overall creation of such driveways involves the pressing of molds into the concrete during the time when the concrete is still in the setting process. Besides creating the impression of the use of a different kind of material, it is also popularly used in patios, normals roads, and interior floors.
- Exposed aggregate: Although a lot of people don’t know it, this is one of the most sought-after trends of today, with a great many people jumping on the bandwagon as of late. The main reason is that it offers a wide and extensive range of sizes, colors, and shades and if you are looking for an attractive driveway that attracts eyeballs and is the envy of your entire society, this is the best option for you. With special concrete mixes and a non-slip sealed surface, the ultimate finish has the best and smoothest textured stones and pebbles of various shapes and sizes.
- Interlocking pavers: True to their name, they create a symmetrical and intricate pattern throughout, making them easier to install since it is almost like building a puzzle piece. No mortar is required and they are built over a solid base to prevent pavers from shifting. However, due to their porous nature, they tend to become stained over the years, requiring the use of industrial pressure cleaning to remove any hard marks.
All in all, there is really no dearth of variety when it actually comes down to the number of options one has to choose from when talking about driveway types and materials. Since the above list outlines the various types that are available at your disposal, it is up to you to take things forward from this point onwards in the best and most practical way possible.
Be mindful of the fact that when it comes to selecting the best trends for the job, one must not blindly follow the herd and pick the one trend that is the most sought-after one out there. Just because that is the case does not automatically imply that it is the best option for you in particular. Bearing this fact in mind itself will most-probably save you a great deal of wasted time and money in the future.