The home maintenance schedule may seem like an unwanted investment to many homeowners, and they may wait for a piece of evidence to surface to take action against the situation. However, in that case, it can lead to many costly repairs, which is an undesirable situation for everyone.
Home maintenance can give you sustainable returns in the long run. It can make your home comfortable, livable and increase the selling value of the house. Stay ahead of any consequence with regular home maintenance tips, which can help you forestall different conditions.
- Regularly inspect and test smoke and carbon monoxide alarm detectors.
- All drains like tubs, showers, and sinks must be cleansed to thwart any costly plumbing problems.
- HVAC ( heating, ventilation and air conditioning ) system should be in the best condition. Filters should be cleaned timely, and any lint or dirt must be removed. It hardly takes less than 10 minutes to clean. Subsequently, clean filters add to maximum efficiency and reduced utility bills.
- The dishwasher system must be thoroughly cleaned. Minute food particles should be eliminated from the dishwasher screen to avoid any water blockage and may impact inefficiency.
- The reservoir of a dehumidifier needs to be drained once a month. Dynamic weather should be kept in mind as it may impact the frequency of cleaning the reservoir.
Inspect Fire Extinguishers - Inspection of fire extinguishers is important as they come with an expiry date. If the expiry date is within a year, consider replacing.
Spring is the time when nature replenishes its lost greenery. Trees start to bud and flowers start to bloom, and everything is in a nascent stage of development. This is a perfect time to kick start the home cleaning drive.
- Sanitize Hot Water Heater - Draining out hot water removes debris and settled sediment particles from the bottom. This general maintenance prolongs the life of the water heater and saving your hard-earned money.
- Inspect windows and Doors - Keeping a close check on windows and doors for removal of weather stripping. Weatherstripping is suitable for insulation and to maintain constant weather temperature.
- Air ducts of the HVAC system must be cleaned as they play a pivotal role in the transportation of conditioned air into your home. Air ducts are as crucial as condenser and evaporator coils and must be maintained. Thus, efficient cooling and heating will be experienced.
Inspect Plumbing - Inspect for any potential leaks across your house. Meticulously check pipes, the bottom of sinks, ceilings for any stains or any other nuanced form of water damage. Bathroom accessories like faucet aerators, showerheads must be checked and simultaneously cleaned to remove mineral deposits.
Vacuum Clean Refrigerator Coils - Debris and dust can trap inside the coils of the refrigerator and impacts the cooling ability. Hence, vacuuming your appliance will cut down energy costs, and the refrigerator will furnish effortless cooling.
Maintain your Yard and Garden - Stagnated water can be a cause of concern and may invite bacteria to flourish. Pool covers must encompass across the swimming pool when not in use. Scrape leaves from the deck of Patio to get rid of any debris & dead leaves.
Remove Leaves: It's autumn and its natural for trees to shed leaves. You are required to pull up your socks and get into active mode. Dead leaves will be sporadic in your front yard and backyard. Put your leaf blower to work and get rid of dead leaves from intricate places like the deck of your pool enclosure and roof of your home.
Gutters must be free from the leaves, and this exercise must be done weekly or else the enormity of the situation may arise and result in unwanted problems.
Service Furnace and Heater - Before the onset of the winter season, Inspect and ensure the heater is working in optimum condition. If you face any issue, you must consult an engineer to resolve it.
Inspect windows and Doors - Install weather stripping to maintain the constant temperature of the house and will reduce energy bills. Ensure if window panes are in prime condition and can sustain for an extended period.
Safeguard Your House Against Rodents - As the winter approaches, rodents and other pests can take refuge inside your home. Take preventive steps by calling pest control agency to get rid of nuisance creatures.
Mother nature can take a toll on your in-house experiences in dynamic ways which you may fail to anticipate. You should make your home all-season ready with the aforementioned tips.
Home maintenance is a constant battle that can be scheduled at regular intervals to combat systematically. From raking leaves from the front yard to draining your indoor swimming pool, please ensure timely maintenance.
Tasks will keep coming like an endless wave of zombies, but you should know how to counteract and troubleshoot the problem without making it complicated.