Summer’s coming and you know what that means- it’s time to get yourself ready for the beach and hot summer pics! One of the best ways to prepare is to get those stunning beach waves for your next selfies and photo shoot on your next trip. But the question is: How can you properly achieve beach waves at home?
You’ll be surprised as to how easy it is since you can do it right in the comfort of your home! But how exactly do you do it? Read on as I show you the five ways to get beach-ready waves for summer!
Five Ways to Get Beach Waves For Summer
Wondering how you can get beach waves without having to spend $$ at the salon? Here are the top five effective ways to do so!
1. Use Your Flat Iron
Of course, you can use a curling iron for those beach waves, but a flat iron for curling hair? Yes, it’s entirely possible! To use your flat iron, follow these steps:
1. Apply a heat protectant before curling your hair with the flat iron.
2. Curl your hair with the flat iron by grabbing one part of your hair and placing it near the roots. Clamp the flat iron and twist it at a vertical angle with your hair wrapped around it.
3. Twist your flat iron when moving down sections of your hair. Repeat until you finished making beach waves for all the parts.
4. Apply hairspray afterward for the waves to last all day long and enjoy!
2. Wave Spray
If you don’t have a flat or curling iron, you can still achieve those beach waves with a wave spray. With sprays like these, it enhances your hair’s natural texture and shape, and when combined with scrunching, you get this simple beach waves.
Follow these steps for heat-free waves:
1. Make sure that you dampen your hair, but do not leave it completely wet. It should be towel-dried hair to make the wave spray work. If you’re not about to shower just yet, then you can just use a spray bottle or your wet fingers to dampen it.
2. Apply the wave spray in even sections around your hair, scrunch and twist it to a bun in five to six sections.
3. Allow your hair to dry and enjoy!
3. Overnight Braids
Another excellent heat-free option is to braid your hair. What’s great about this method is that anyone can do it and you won’t have to worry about needing any other materials other than scrunchies! Follow these steps to get natural curls overnight:
1. Make sure that your hair is slightly damp before braiding. You’ll need to dampen your hair and then braid it as you want, ensuring that you do large braids for loose waves.
2. Leave it overnight, sleeping in your braids for it to dry and take shape to beach waves as you rest. Or, you can leave your braids on throughout the day for a night of beach waves.
3. Take out the braids and loosen the waves with your fingers, making it a messy, carefree hairstyle.
4. Using a Texturizer
If you already have naturally wavy hair, then it’s best that you add more volume and texture to it with a texturizer product! It’s a quick and easy way to let your natural waves glow, as long as you have the quality hair products for it!
All you need to do is to apply a texturizer (pomade or paste works fine) through your hair. Brush it nicely but avoid adding too much, using your fingers to allow the texturizer to spread. This will have your natural hairstyle turn to the messy and carefree curls perfect for the beach.
5. Try Your Curling Wand
Another heat option is by using a curling wand, which is the easiest way to get your curly beach waves. Follow these steps:
1. Apply your chosen heat protectant
2. Wrap around one to two inches of your hair, it’s best to curl larger chunks and use the large barrel options for larger waves instead of tight curls. Roll the curls, holding the position for ten seconds. Repeat until all sections are completed!
3. Use your fingers to loosen up the curls and shake your hair then apply hairspray.
Wrapping It Up
Beach waves really show off the summer vibe and it’s perfect for that trip out under the sun! And surprisingly, they’re actually effortless to do with many easy methods to do it. As long as you handle your hair properly and take care of it well, those beach waves are definitely going to look great for you to do the entire summer.
I hope that this article on the five ways to get beach waves for summer helped you out. So don’t wait any longer and look into getting your beach waves now!