The Current Affairs section is an important part of the UPSC Syllabus and also forms an integral part of the general awareness section. Candidates appearing for the UPSC Exam this year, should be familiar with the latest current affairs 2020 topics to score well in the examination. Current Affairs refer to the events of national and international importance from the areas of history, geography, economy, environment and ecology, polity, science and technology, etc.
Candidates should remain updated on the latest topics of current affairs 2020 that create headlines nationally as well as internationally. They can also refer to UPSC Question Paper to know about the level of questions asked in the current affairs section.
Important Current Affairs topics for UPSC 2020
Questions asked in the UPSC exam are related to the current events and issues that have occurred in the recent past. Given below are some of the important topics for UPSC Current Affairs 2020:
- National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB)
- Chemical Weapons in Syria and the US response
- Call to action: on India's air pollution crisis
- Corruption in India - An Analysis
- Political and Constitutional Crises in Maldives
- Public Private Partnership (PPP) in Healthcare Sector
- Tribunals and tribunalisation (Polity)
- Skilling India - Needs and Challenges
- SAARC vs BIMSTEC
- Interstate water disputes
- India & Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Triple Talaq Bill
- Impact of Social Media
- Increasing Heat Waves
- Issues concerning Elections in India
- Supreme Court Judgements
- Decriminalisation of Politics
- Iran nuclear deal
- Police Reforms in India
- India’s growing underwater capability
- Current & future prospect of the Indian economy
- US withdrawals from various International alliances
- Parliamentary disruptions
- RTI amendments
- Minimum Support Price
- Non Performing Assets
- Power & Role of RBI
Useful Tips For Current Affairs 2020 Preparation
Many candidates often find it difficult to prepare for the current affairs section. Given below are some of the useful tips for UPSC Current Affairs preparation:
- The traditional and most effective way to keep updated with the latest happenings across the globe is reading newspapers. Reading the newspapers on a daily basis will strengthen the general awareness of the candidate that will help them to score well in UPSC 2020.
- Follow activities and events occurring on an international and national level. The greatest source of awareness on national issues is Press Information Bureau (PIB) releases.
- Make short notes and divide the topics into small modules. This will also help to direct your study on different topics.
Why is it important to read current affairs?
Current Affairs forms an important component for various competitive government exams. This section includes information from the ongoing national and international events that are important for the competitive exams. Candidates are advised to keep a track of the latest developments and events in the world to be updated about the latest topics of current affairs 2020.
Since there are hardly a few months left for the UPSC Prelims Examination, candidates are advised to kick start their UPSC Preparation soon. Candidates can also refer to UPSC Question Papers for their better understanding of the examination level.
A good understanding of Current Affairs is central to success in the IAS exam, Government exams, or any competitive exam. They are advised to keep daily updates on current affairs, that create headlines nationally as well as internationally.