In an era when the competition is stiff, and customers have become way savvier and demanding than the past, the businesses need to tweak their operational strategies to enhance service and sustain. Nearly every brand has a customer support team/section to cater to customer queries and grievances. For a long time, this was handled using traditional telephony and PBX system.
However, with massive technological progress, the old age telephony and traditional PBX systems are being replaced with digital solutions. The cloud phone systems for office have become popular, and this is evident across all sectors and places. Of course, this is not happening without solid reasons.
The worldwide switch to Cloud telephony and PBX systems:
After an initial period of skepticism, thousands of businesses are making the switch over to cloud-based telephony and PBX-across the world. This is not only limited to the midsized and big business brands! The truth is, thousands of small companies with ambitious expansion plans are also embracing cloud phone systems for office. The advantages of using this system are too significant to overlook.
Understanding the numerous benefits of using cloud telephony and PBX:
- Reduced operational cost- This is possibly the most significant advantage of using cloud-based telephony for business. When your company uses traditional PBX setup, which is wire-based, the running and maintenance cost is substantial. The equipment may get damaged owing to regular wear and tear and mishaps like short-circuit etc. With Cloud setup, hardware usage is minimal, and it is wireless. This brings down the running cost significantly.
- Low investment cost- The other significant advantage of embracing cloud-based telephony for a business is lower initial investment cost. You do not have to invest in buying too many handsets or set up wiring. The phone is cloud/web-based, and software runs the show- mostly. This can be especially advantageous for the SMBs with limited budgets.
- Incredible flexibility- The cloud-based telephony setups tend to be far more flexible than traditional PBX setups. It is easier to add more liens and numbers to the cloud-based setups, and for that, you do not even need much technical understanding. The vendor will do the needful without delay once you communicate the needs. This is in stark contrast to the typical PBX setup.
- Ease of use and configuration- Once a cloud PBX setup is installed and running, using and tweaking, it is simpler than typical PBX systems. The supports staffs can manage these without hiring any tech support. Operations are handled via a web portal, and that is browser-based and so accessible from almost anywhere. It makes things easier both for the support staffs and the customers.
- No woes of maintenance/repair- When a traditional PBX setup develops a snag- it can become a source of headache for the company/entity using it — hiring technical support agencies to become a prerequisite then. With Cloud PBX- there is nothing for the user to worry about. All you need to do is contacting the vendor by email or phone. They will do the needful to restore normalcy.
Hiring the right cloud telephony service provider:
While seeking services of a cloud telephony service agency can be fruitful for a business, it is also essential to pick the right contender. Ensure the cloud telephony vendor you sign up with is a reliable and professional one. Check its website and social media profiles to find out more information. Some such vendors also offer trial packages which you can check out.