You and your coworkers spend at least 40 hours each week working hard to make the company successful. When a reason for an office party comes up, you should always embrace that opportunity with open arms. Some good reasons for office parties include:
- Monthly sales goal achievement
- New baby for a staff member
- Celebrate a sports championship for a team sponsored by the company
You are going to need some fun and delicious snacks for your party, and that means it is time to get creative. Here are some snack ideas you can use to make your office party a success.
Some of the best office party snack ideas involve quick finger foods that taste great and, in some cases, healthy too.
- Veggie Dip – A good veggie dip is made up of eight ounces of softened cream cheese and three tablespoons of milk. You get to choose the veggies that go with the dip and create your own awesome finger food.
- Flavored Popcorn – Flavored popcorn is very popular at office parties and one of the most popular choices is caramel popcorn. Just put into a big bowl for everyone to enjoy.
- Bacon Dip – Bacon is one of the most popular salad garnishes in the world and it becomes even better with sour cream onion dip. Get a shaker full of bacon bits and gradually mix it into a bowl of sour cream onion dip. You can serve this dip with vegetables, chips or pretzels.
- Trail Mix – The great thing about trail mix is that it can contain anything you want. You can mix together peanuts, pretzels, bran cereal, and even potato sticks to get a snack everyone will enjoy.
Along with the cake and other sweets that go along with an office party, there are fruit snacks that can be good for an office party or as simple office snack day ideas.
- Cheese and Watermelon – Some combinations are hard to imagine until they are actually put together. One quick office party fruit snack involves cutting watermelon into one-inch cubes and topping them with one-quarter inch thick squares of cheese. Feta cheese works well, but you can try others to offer an interesting contrast in taste. You can hold the cheese to the watermelon using toothpicks.
- Frozen Yogurt Cups – Take small cupcake paper molds and pour frozen yogurt into them. Then top each one with some kind of fruit such as blueberries, cut up strawberries or blackberries.
- Strawberries on a Stick – You start with small shortcakes that you can buy in any store and make a tower with alternating layers of shortcake, whipped cream and strawberries cut into flat pieces. Get wooden skewers and skewer each stack to make it simple to eat.
- Fruit Cups – The simplest of the office birthday party snack ideas based on fruit is the fruit cup. You get small plastic serving cups and put a layer of whipped cream in the bottom. Then you fill in the rest with a variety of fresh fruit. A simple treat that people will love.
Simple Sugary Treats
If you are looking for simple party food ideas on a budget, then there are plenty of sweets you can offer at your next office party.
- Chocolate Covered Potato Chips-The contrast of sweet and salty together touches a lot of taste buds the right way. All you have to do to make this party snack is melt some chocolate, layout potato chips on cookie sheets, cover the chips in chocolate and let them cool to room temperature.
- Peanut Butter Bars – Melt peanut butter chips in the microwave and then mix whole peanuts into the liquid peanut butter. Pour the whole thing into a small cake pan and let it cool to room temperature. That is all you need to an office party snack that is going to be a hit.
- Frozen Yogurt Covered Berries – For this snack, you get to choose the berry you want to cover with Greek frozen yogurt. Simply lay out your berries on a cookie sheet and cover them in plain Greek yogurt. After a few hours in the freezer, you have a simple sweet snack that is also good for your fellow cubicle dwellers.
- Pie Popsicles – This one really is cheating because all you have to do is buy some tiny pies from your local bakery and put them on popsicle sticks. Choose whatever flavor pies you want and you have a great office party snack in just seconds.
The next time your office is planning a party, that should be your cue to make a snack that will not only look great but taste great as well.