Thanks to the deep canyons, expansive sequoia groves and golden sandy beaches, tours on the west coast of the United States are extremely popular. If touring America was ever on your bucket list, try these two amazing routes. You can either experience this alone, as a couple, but maybe the best way, a trip in a small group. The more the merrier, right?
Here are two routes you can try, depending on the length of your stay and what you want to see.
The Western Explorer Route
The Western Explorer is perfect for anyone that wants to experience as much of the famous scenery in the West as they possibly can. This breathtaking trip lasts for around 13 days and depending on what you want to do, can include:
- San Francisco: a city adventure that takes in all the sun, sea and other sights in this intriguing city
- Yosemite National Park: Then you are taken East to fall in love with the mighty falls, mountain ridges and age-old towering trees in one of the most amazing places in the country
- Death Valley National Park: A marvellous spot with jaw-dropping rock formations, hills and canyons.
- Zion National Park: a miraculous place with some of the most unique and unbelievably beautiful natural attractions of anywhere in the world, including Weeping Rock, Lower Emerald Pools, Virgin River Gorge and Zion Canyon.
- Bryce Canyon: Famous for its unique orange, pink and white vibrant tones, Bryce Canyon National Park is found 8,000-feet above the sea level and features some strange, but pretty rock formations. Navajo Loop is one of the most popular of many hiking trails that are available there.
- Lake Powell and Antelope Canyon: the canyon, that has been sculpted over centuries by local flash flooding offers intense and rugged landscapes that feature many caverns, coves and smooth edges. The thing that makes it even more special is that it is surrounded by the sublime Lake Powell and golden rock. Watch the sunshine make the lake glisten and make sure you take a few good snaps.
- Grand Canyon and Monument Valley: On the way to the most famous canyon in the United States, you will have a chance to check out Monument Valley to see the Horseshoe Bend, a spectacular natural wonder in its own right before you see the granddaddy of them all.
- Las Vegas: a dazzling trip around the city of sin is how you end this trip in glitz and glamour.
The California and Canyons Route
For those want a taste of Cali life and also see the canyons, California and Canyons is a small group tour that lasts for eight days and offers a glimpse and experience of some of the most amazing man-made and natural wonders in the country. This route includes:
- Checking out the star-lined streets and neon lights of the home to the rich in famous, Los Angeles. Search for far-flung constellations at the spectacular Griffith Observatory, get your selfie with the Hollywood sign and hunt for your favourite Oscar winners along Hollywood Boulevard.
- Explore Prescott, to experience Arizona of the past.
- Take in the might and picturesque beauty of the Canyon
- Travel along iconic Route 66 to reach the wondrous funfair town for adults that is Las Vegas, where you can take in that vibrant energy, enjoy some entertaining shows and spin those wheels and hope lady luck has your back.
- Marvel at the natural wonders of the domed mountains, waterfalls and sequoia trees of Yosemite National Park.
- Embrace the laid back attitude of San Francisco, while enjoying the chance to gaze in amazement at the perfect man-made structure that is the Golden-Gate Bridge.
Touring and the United States are perfect for each other and this is one great way for visitors to experience some of the amazing things the country has to offer. As mentioned, you can go it alone or in a small group with a tour leader.
Their extensive knowledge of the route, the well-crafted bespoke vehicle and a chance to see things in a more intimate way might benefit you.
Either way, whether you’re a lone wolf or a social butterfly, there are a variety of options on offer throughout the country, and they provide one of the best ways to travel America. Be sure to take in the sights and appreciate the gorgeous scenery that is there.