Spring is that transitional season that connects the frigid winter months and hot summer months (both depending on your location).
After months of a home being shut and closed off, a deep, thorough cleaning is necessary: that could be from your own doing or even from a legitimate maid service. In order to relieve a home of the wet mildew odor, allergens such as dust, and clutter that have accumulated over the last 3-6 months. Even though this may be a daunting task, all of this deep cleaning should be done to prepare your home to be ready for the warm weather months. Then, when you open up the windows and doors to let the fresh air in, prepare for the days of entertaining guests, and make room for the new.
Whether the cleaning is broken down by individual rooms or tasks, this is not an effortless job, to spring clean it may have to be done over the course of several weekends. If you are one of those persons who likes to get a jump start on spring cleaning, here are spring cleaning tips to get your home in tip-top shape.
- De-clutter all rooms: Go through every room including bedrooms, the attic, kitchen, even the garage and take stock of everything. Donate clothes that do not fit, toss anything that is broken, or items that are simply no longer used can be recycled or can be scheduled to be picked up.
- Disinfect everything: From kitchen countertops and door handles to mattresses and the refrigerator, disinfect every inch of the home to rid of all unhealthy bacteria and germs.
- Test smoke and natural gas detectors: This step is essential for the safety of your family. Make sure that smoke and natural gas detectors have new batteries installed and test that they are working correctly. Everyone should always “hope for the best and prepare for the worst” so if there was ever to be a house fire, that smoke detector needs to alert everyone in the home immediately.
- Vacuum: Vacuum all curtains and blinds to capture any collected dusted.
- Clean pet areas: Make sure to sweep, vacuum, and wipe down the area where your pet dwells.
- Clean carpets and upholstered furniture: Do not forget about rugs and mattresses. Carpets, rugs, mattresses, and upholstered furniture store allergens, mites, and are often stained. This is a great time to get these cleaned while you are already deep cleaning and the warming of the weather will help them dry.
- Dust everywhere: As spring brings on allergy season, dusting is one of the most critical steps in spring cleaning. Sweep every floor, dust all corners, ceiling fans, under beds and any dark corner that generally does not receive attention.
The top bed bug extermination & pest control in your area can be the final step in your spring cleaning process. The heating temperatures tend to nudge insects and larger pests indoors to escape the heat and search for water. It is better to be proactive, treating both the interior and exterior of your home before the bugs and pests make their way in. It is better to be ahead of the situation than to have to deal with your home and an infestation.