When it is a matter of polarizing health topics, then the subject of smoking weed immediately sparks of a debate. Several questions arise related to this such as: can it improve our health? Can it lower stress or make us more forgetful? Well to know the answers to these questions you need to have some knowledge about marijuana.
Marijuana is made from the dried parts of the cannabis plant and it is referred to as pot, weed, hash, etc. Mostly people smoke it but many people also consume it as an ingredient in their diet or brewed tea or oils. There are different kinds of ways of taking the drug and your body gets affected in different ways. When the marijuana smoke is inhaled into your lungs, the drug passes on to your bloodstream and quickly reaches your brain and other organs. However, if you eat it or drink it then it takes more time for you to feel the effects. There is a lot of conjecture surrounding this topic of inhalation of marijuana and whether it has more benefits or it harms your mental and physical health.
People many at times complain of physical and psychological effects on their body due to marijuana inhalation whereas many people also claim that it releases their stress and pain. However, here are some facts listed below of how exactly marijuana affects the different parts of your body.
Ways in which marijuana affects your body
- Marijuana has an immediate action on your body. Marijuana smoke comprises of many toxic chemicals and just like smoking tobacco this can cause irritation in your nasal and bronchial passages. The toxic chemicals include ammonia and hydrogen cyanide. By any chance if you are a regular smoker then it may have more effects in your body such as coughing, sneezing, producing phlegm and so on.
- The smoke also has some carcinogenic substances in it which may aggravate the chances of lung cancer. However, there are mixed views on this point of lung cancer and there is further research going on this topic whether it actually cause lung cancer or not. However, it does escalate the chances of suffering even more badly with existing lung diseases such as bronchitis and asthma.
- Smoking marijuana definitely increases your odds of suffering from testicular cancer and this topic is being thoroughly researched by the researchers. It was found out from the study that men who were reported to be suffering from testicular cancer or had testicular germ cell tumors had some kind of history of marijuana smoking. Another very common effect is having short term memory. People who smoke marijuana do have a kind of bad reputation of being forgetful nut then maybe this thing is actually true. Researchers found out that the marijuana inhaled led to the development of brain abnormalities and it affected those regions which deal with short-term memory. The brains of such people were abnormally shaped and more like the brains that have been damaged due to schizophrenia.
- Once the tetrahydrocannabinol(THC) enters your bloodstream it just rapidly starts moving to all the parts of the body. Your heart rate is increased from 20 to 50 beats a minute and this fast heart rate can stay up to three hours and if you are a patient suffering from some heart disease then there are high chances of a heart attack. Marijuana inhalation also causes bloodshot eyes and that is because it expands the blood vessels in your eyes.
- A very common trend amongst artists belonging to the creative field such as musicians, actors and others is to smoke marijuana and they credit marijuana for helping them have such creativity. However, once a survey was conducted and it was shown that people who were given marijuana with high THC content were not able to come up with those many solutions to a problem as opposed to people who were given a placebo.
- It is commonly known that marijuana has calming and soothing effects on your body: well not of all it might be true. This calmness that it can provide maybe a fact but you aren’t able to realize the effects on your blood pressure. According to research it has been shown that marijuana use can triple the chances of death from hypertension compared to those who didn’t smoke it. Marijuana use can also make you prone to Alzheimer’s. You have lower blood flow to the brain and this can put you at a higher risk for cognitive disorders such as Alzheimer’s.
Through this article the basic points of how marijuana affects your health and mind were enlisted. Through the eaze promo code and their popular service you can get your weed delivered at your doorstep in a hassle-free way.