Liver health can be now easily and accurately determined only by means of an effective liver function test. Specific proteins and enzymes within your blood can also be detected with the help of the test. In fact, it is the level of proteins and enzymes on the basis of which liver-health can be easily ascertained.
Reasons for conducting this clinical-test:
- Liver damages especially from infections like hepatitis C and B can be checked and detected.
- Side-effects or complications of different medicines can be monitored for knowing about their impacts over liver.
- If you have been suffering from any existing liver-disease then the test needs to be conducted from time to time in order to make the disease monitored and also for knowing the responses of the current treatments.
- Heavy alcohol-drinkers should go through this clinical-examination on a frequent note for having a fair idea about the liver-condition.
- Patients with gallbladder-disease are often prescribed by doctors to have this examination under clinical supervision.
- When liver-disorder symptoms become quite prominent the doctor asks patients to go for the concerned test.
- There are few medical-conditions like anemia, high blood-pressure, diabetes, high triglycerides and others where the test is really very much essential. Sometimes, this test needs to be conducted along with the immunotherapy.
These are the few situations that highly demand for this kind of clinical-examination. Different liver-functions are checked in detail. Those aspects that are being usually covered in this examination for detecting liver-abnormalities are bilirubin, albumin, alkaline phospahatase, aspartate aminotransferase and Alanine transaminase.
When your doctor suggests for this test?
If liver-disorder symptoms are detected by doctor then for surety he recommends strongly for conducting the concerned test. Some popular signs for which this test is very much necessary are as follows:
- Energy loss or fatigue.
- Fluid-collection within abdomen.
- Light stool or dark urine.
- Abnormal bleeding or bruising.
- Abdominal pain.
These symptoms clearly reveal that your liver is not functioning in healthy condition and thus you should get your liver examined well. You can also get the liver-test done as a part of full body checkup.
Is the liver-test dangerous?
No, liver-test is not dangerous at all rather it can be completed within few minutes only. Blood-samples are taken and sent to laboratories for completing the procedure. You can lead your life normally after this examination. On the basis of the reports, the doctor might prescribe you few medicines and you just have to take them so that you can get rid of liver-damage signs quickly.
Some of the commonest risks that are being associated with this clinical-examination are infection, fainting, excessive bleeding or hematoma. Your doctor needs to be reported about these risks so that you can receive the best recovery-plan. If any negative thing is found in the reports then the doctor might ask you to go through a liver-imaging test.
In this test, the liver-condition is being scanned so that proper image can be received. Liver-biopsy is basically for patients having liver-fibrosis, fatty-liver trouble or other critical kinds of liver-issues. Liver-test is not only meant for adults but if kids are facing any of the serious liver-condition signs then they also need to go through this particular examination. This is a clinical examination and thus you have to move to your nearest clinic.