Over the years it has been observed that people across the globe are showing lot of inclination towards use of suspended ceilings in their commercial and residential buildings. Suspended ceiling contractors not only offer beautiful ceiling designs which increase the aesthetic value of the room by many folds but they have found a good career scope in it. Now many commercial companies install suspended ceiling in their premises to hide maintenance work, pipelines and air ducts and house wiring of their ceiling area. By hiring the suspended ceiling contractor, you can easily decorate your ceiling and you can hide the pipe work and wires on the ceilings. So, the decorative ceiling will attract more people and you can also install some commercial LED lights by creating some casing on these ceilings.
# What Are Suspended Ceilings?
Suspended ceilings are basically the false ceiling suspended below the original ceiling of the room. These ceilings are made of plaster and hard wooden cupboard, and it offers great designing and lighting options to the interior decorators. Apart from looking good they have found many other uses in the building construction.
# Advantages of Using a Suspended Ceiling:
- Safety: the first and foremost thing that has to be taken under consideration before any king of construction is safety. Suspended ceilings are usually made of materials which are fire proof. These ceilings are not only inflammable but they will also prevent spread of fire across the building in case of an emergency.
- Interior Decoration: Another benefit of using a suspended ceiling is that it offers easy modifications in the interior of the room. Whether you have to change the look of the room from modern to contemporary or vice versa or just change the scenery, you can do it with the help of suspended ceilings.
- Easy to Maintain: The best part of using suspended ceilings in the house if that they are very easy to maintain. All you need to do is vacuum cleaning or sweep cleaning them once in a while. No regular polishing, scrubbing or painting is required to maintain suspended ceilings.
- Wide Designs: Aesthetics have always been the main objective of most of the interior decorators using suspended ceilings. It increases the beauty of the room by many folds. Various grooves used in designing the ceiling also offer ample lighting options creating different look.
- Hide Maintenance Works: Suspended ceilings also hide all the air ducts, loose wires, pipe work and other such maintenance work in the house. This not only makes the passage around the building convenient and hurdle free but it also contributes in shooting up the beauty quotient of the building by many folds. All that is required just for maintenance and not for visibility is hidden under the suspended ceiling.
# Apart from Many Advantages of The Suspended Ceilings, There Are Certain Disadvantages Too. Those Have Been Discussed Below:
- The first disadvantage of using a suspended ceiling in any room is that the ceiling will reduce the height of the room. In modern era, suspended ceilings reduce the height if already low walls. They are not suitable to be used in the rooms with low head rooms.
- Another disadvantage of suspended ceiling is that there is high possibility to see signs of ageing if they are not maintained or left totally uncared. You need to maintain these suspended ceilings after certain time and you need to change and remove the plaster from the ceiling areas. In this case, you can hire some suspended ceiling contactors and they can maintain your ceiling area in a proper way.
So now decorate your ceiling with suspended ceilings and hire some suspended ceiling contractors from their official website.