When it comes to your private garden, one of the most important decisions that you will make is of the paving stones. Despite this, most people don’t give much thought to picking the right kind of materials or choosing the right stone pavers wholesalers. The garden furniture that you took weeks to pick out or the garden gate that you chose after careful consideration will only encounter you occasionally. On the other hand, it is the material that you have chosen for paving that will come in contact with your feet as long as you are in the garden. Here is a compilation of some important things that you need to consider when it comes to paving stones.
Different Types of Paving Stones
- Sandstone is one of the most popular options for paving. This is easily available and there are many textures and sizes to choose from. It is also easy to work with but doesn’t offer a wide colour range to choose from.
- Slate is an attractive choice and is extremely easy to customize into the shape you want. However, it might have durability issues, as low quality slate is not resistance to damage from moisture.
- If you want an inexpensive but attractive looking paving stone, gravel might be what you are looking for. This is easy to install as well.
How to Choose Paving Stone Suppliers
With many suppliers and wholesalers operating in the home improvement market, it might be confusing to choose the right one. However, here are some easy tips that can help you make the right choice. Choosing the right wholesaler is crucial, as the quality of the material and its durability depends largely on them.
- The best place to start looking for a good supplier is to ask around. You can ask your neighbours, colleagues, or friends. They can be helpful if they have recently remodelled their garden or invested in a new one.
- One of the most important things that you must check is if they have a vast number of choices to choose from. If the stone suppliers show just a few samples and expect you to choose from them, you must keep looking. However, if among the few samples that they show, you find something exactly like what you want you can go ahead and place your order. However, it is always a good idea to see several options before settling for one. Discuss the price range beforehand. This is a clear indication of the type of material that you are ordering. Think of a budget before you start seeing samples and try to stick to it. Stay away from the stone pavers wholesalers who offer prices that seem too good to be true as you might end up with the low-quality materials.
Some important things that you must consider when choosing paving stones are the durability of the materials along with it if it is suitable for the setting. For example, if your garden has a pool, you wouldn’t want to use a slippery stone near it, as this may cause accidents. Look for the size of the stones as well as, the maintenance routine, before you settle on one type. No paving stone is worth it, no matter how good it looks if you must spend the better part of your time in the garden trying to keep it clean. Lastly, while the price is an important consideration, don’t choose the cheapest product shown by the stone pavers wholesalers. This may not be up to the mark quality-wise and it may ruin the look of your garden.