Flooring being a vital part of building construction, it is important to choose the right option. If you take a plunge into the world of flooring materials, you will come across plenty of choices to select from. Wooden flooring is certainly gaining a lot of popularity at the present time though the cost associated with this kind of flooring is a bit high. Nevertheless, the aesthetic appeal and the durability of wooden flooring are very impressive. Another newly emerging flooring option is bamboo flooring and is an excellent option to consider.
There are many similarities between hardwood flooring and bamboo flooring. The latter is made from a certain kind of grass. There are many beneficial aspects of this kind of flooring and after knowing about them, you will certainly think about installing them in your house. So, let us take a look at some of the benefits of bamboo based flooring option.
Reasons to consider bamboo flooring for your home
- Eco-friendly- This is certainly the most obvious advantage of bamboo based flooring. Ceramic and vitrified tiles are made through various processes, and most of them are chemicals. During its manufacturing, harmful waste products are also produced. But, this is not the case with bamboo based flooring. The grass which is used as the main ingredient for this flooring material can be grown in just 3 to 5 years. So, being a renewable source, floorboards made from bamboo are certainly helpful in the protection of environment.
- Easy maintenance- When it comes to maintenance, you can certainly rely on this flooring. You do not have to use special technique for cleaning or maintaining this flooring material. You just have to use your vacuum clean or broom regularly to clean dirt particles. You can also mop the floor at least once in a week to retain the shine of the same. This is the reason why a lot of commercial properties are opting for bamboo flooring.
- Water-resistant- We all know that hardwood is not at all resistant to water. Fortunately, bamboo-based flooring provides some amount of water-resistant property. For this reason, you do not have to worry about the floor even during rainy days when the level of moisture in the air is high.
- Durability- The strength and durability of bamboo is known to everyone. The grass which is used for the making of bamboo floorboards is quite tough in nature, which renders excellent durability to the flooring. In fact, if harvested in the right way, the bamboo floorboards can be as robust as the ones made from red oak tree. Hence, if you do not want to worry about renovating the floor in the next 10-15 years then go for bamboo flooring.
- Easy installation- The click fitting mechanism of this kind of flooring adds tons of convenience during the installation part. This straightforward system of installation make the overall installation cost much lesser as well, because the labour cost also remains low in this case. For this reason, it is pocket friendly too.
Those were the five major benefits of bamboo-based flooring you can consider. In addition to these, the aesthetic appeal certainly remains the prime advantage. The look you can get from bamboo flooring can easily impress anyone. You will surely like the texture and feel of this flooring material.
Before purchasing bamboo floorboards, it would be better to compare the online reviews of top suppliers. In addition, you must also compare the prices charged by them. In this way, you will be able to find the best option.