The bases of the cottages are often built with pad footings for giving extra stability to the structure of the building. It is a crucial work that demands high professional expertise for testing the soil and the topography of this place, to place the right kind of footing below the floors of the rooms. So it is necessary to hire only the agency that is known to provide reliable pad footing services, for creating greatly stable cottages for their clients.
Things to be Considered for Laying Foundation of Pad Footing
- The amount of load that the floor needs to support and the approximate total weight of all the things that will be loaded on the floor should be considered for deciding the exact type of pad footing.
- The nature of the ground should be tested for checking the ratio of sands to the soil, to ensure the stability available in that ground.
- The amount of moisture present in the soil need to be ascertained to measure the durability of the floors and subfloors, mainly that of the wooden planks used there.
- The easy accessibility for installation of pad footing is also checked by the experts to ensure smooth layout of the pad foundations at the base of a cottage.
- It is also checked how much sensitive the ground is to any loud noise and the tremor on the earth, to be sure that the foundation will not be harmed by any mild earthquake or blast nearby.
- The closeness of the site of the cottage to other buildings or large trees should be checked to see if any other building base or tree roots can interfere with the pad foundation that is going to be built there.
- The time that can be needed for completing the project of laying the pad foundation should be ascertained, for giving the estimated quote for this project to the client. Then the homeowner can decide on choosing the company providing most reliable pad footing services, according to the quality of work and the cost estimated.
Types of Pad Footing Applied on the Base of a Cottage
- Simple pad footing is easily applicable to the base where the load of the columns is comparatively much lesser than the pressure bearing ability of the soil. This kind of footing often contains concrete projections from the blocks used as columns of the footing.
- Stepped pad footing is applied where the load of the columns is much more than the pressure bearing power of the soil. Then the contractors need to take special cautionary measures to install the pad footing here.
- Reinforced pad footing is used for supporting the reinforced concrete columns on the broad concrete base of the house.
- The balanced pads are created to support heavy loads at multiple points on the base of the flooring of the building.
- The series of separate concrete pads that are placed at a minimum distance from each other, each designed to support a load. Sometimes these types of series of pads are made to support a long and heavy beam built on the ceiling.
- When the loads applied on the base are built very close to each other, a continuous padding foot is created to provide maximum support to the whole building.
Therefore, the reliable pad footing services provided by certified contracting agencies are very important for any homeowner who wants to rebuild or reinforce his dwelling for getting maximum stability to the whole structure.