Many houses in the world where the temperatures drop down drastically have a fireplace. This is a brilliant tool that can help you keep your heating bills low. With a free-standing wood fireplace, you do not just get all the warmth that you need in winters, but you can also enhance the look of your interiors with a grand free standing fireplace. Although modern fireplaces by themselves are not energy efficient units, but if you install a fireplace insert into these, you can create what you can call a new stove that can heat up the place.
A wood-burning fireplace definitely looks impressive in the living room, and a burning fire on a chill night is certainly a piece of blessing for us. There are different designs that you can choose for the freestanding wood fireplace and if you have a good outlet for ventilation, then the fireplace will not also pollute your home environment.
Features of a good quality freestanding wood fireplace:
Wood fireplace is a good option that is economical and well as efficient. However, it is noted that certain people are allergic to smoke that comes out of burning wood. One must decide on buying a standalone wooden fireplace keeping all these factors in mind.
- Fireplace efficiency can also be increased with the use of a fireback, a piece of metal that sits behind the fire and reflects heat back into the room. These fire backs are by large made of cast iron and stainless steel.
- Fireplace is an age old solution to keep out family and house warm. Although, early fireplace designs had a lot of flaws. Apart from using fireplaces on cold days, these can also be used for cooking and for drying clothes etc.
- Situated in the center of the house, a freestanding wood fireplace can also have people sitting around it and enjoying the family time.
Some manufacturers have patented their fireplace-making technology which produces highly efficient, intense rolling flames. And the innovation in this industry is every evolving.
Modern freestanding wooden fireplaces can also be the storehouse for logs:
Some modern free standing wooden fireplace comes with an option to store logs. More people are looking at the comfort of a fireplace that compliments their interiors. This has forced manufacturer to provide options in different shapes and sizes, colors etc.
- You can find small, medium and large sized fireplaces. They are easy to install and gives incredibly affordable heating.
- If you have a gas fireplace and you want to convert it into wood, because you love the smell of burnt wood, even that is doable. But for that, you need high quality fresh wood to protect the environment from the wood ashes and from the flames.
- On the other hand, if you have a wood fireplace and want to convert into gas, even that is doable. Depending on if you have an interior wall, you will have to know that the expenses make increase to bring the gas line pipe to your fireplace.
There are plenty of options, and designs available online to buy a fireplace. Choose the right one as it’s a long term investment and you have to right about it. There are solutions that the manufacturers offer for the health concerns (the smoke may cause wheeze in some people), they provide you a glass enclosure, where the fumes escape through the chimney and not enter the house.