Chex mix is an American classic snack to munch on. I recently discovered other methods to make Chex Mix, and fell in love with this festive red, white and pink peanut butter delight. It is so easy, quick and cheap to make. I made sure to theme this for Valentine’s day and gave it out in goody bags. This is a fun treat to make with the whole family because everyone can contribute!
Ingredients: 1 bag of Peanut Butter M&M’s, Candy corn, Peanut butter, powdered sugar, rice chex cereal, 1 bag of white chocolate morsels, and butter. (Not pictured: Pretzels) In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal (gluten free)
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Pretzels (optional)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup red or pink jimmies sprinkles
1. In large bowl, place cereal in a small microwavable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
2. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
3. Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag.
4. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
5. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.
6. Next, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture.
7. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool.
8. In serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures.
9. Store in airtight container.