I enjoy getting my chocolate fix whenever I can and made this recipe to indulge in. This cake was quick and easy to make, made with common pantry items for the ingredients. The cake is dense, with a slightly crispy crust, with a pudding like layer below. The cocoa adds an intense chocolate flavor, that will fill any craving. Continue to eat this dessert throughout the week by microwaving it and serve with ice cream, making sure to top it with the delicious chocolate pudding sauce!
In an un-greased 9 inch square pan, stir together flour, white sugar, cocoa, the baking powder, and salt.
Mix in milk, oil, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla with a fork until smooth.
Mix both mixtures together until well combined.
Spread batter evenly in pan (batter will be thick).
Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
Pour boiling water over batter.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C).
- In an un-greased 9 inch square pan, stir together flour, white sugar, 2 tbs. cocoa powder, the baking powder, and salt.
- Mix in milk, oil, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla with a fork until smooth.
- Spread batter evenly in pan (batter will be thick).
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
- Pour boiling water over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes, then spoon into dessert dishes or cut into squares.
- Invert each square onto dessert plate and spoon sauce over each serving.
- Top with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.