I am a huge fan of crock-pot recipes and have not made one in awhile. To make up for that precious time missed, I cooked up some comfort food for these chilly, November nights. Preparation is very easy, involving chopping of potatoes, and onions. All the ingredients get placed in the crock-pot together and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6-7. This is the perfect meal to throw in early morning. Once done, the chuck eye roast just falls apart and the vegetables add so much flavor to the combination.
Rice would be a good side dish, if looking for one. I ate this as is and my tummy quickly filled up. This serves eight, and makes for great leftovers. Another reason why I love crock-pot meals so much, they are just too darn good!
Ingredients: Baby-cut carrots, Onion recipe soup and dip mix packet, Green onion, 1/2 of an onion, 1 boneless beef chuck eye roast (2- 1/2 lbs.), A.1. original steak sauce, 1/2 cup water, 1 lb. baby red potatoes., mushrooms (optional).
Dice the onion, chop the baby red potatoes, mushrooms and green onion.
Mix the steak sauce, water and onion soup mix in a small bowl together.
Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 6-7 hours.
- 1/2 A.1 Original Steak Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1 pkg. of Onion recipe soup mix
- 1 boneless beef chuck eye roast (2-1/2 lb)
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, chopped in halves
- 1 pkg. baby carrots
- 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Mushrooms, chopped in halves (optional)
- Mix the steak sauce, water and onion packet in a bowl.
- Place meat in crock-pot.
- Top with vegetables and sauce; cover.
- Cook on low 8-9 hours, or on high 6-7 hours.