Ole’! It was Mexican night for dinner and the only way to celebrate was to make chicken fajitas! I have always believed fajitas needed a certain style for cooking. At restaurants, they come out sizzling, smoking and on fire. How was I going to accomplish that? Well, making fajitas is definitely a lot easier than it looks.
I enjoyed sizzling up these chicken fajitas over the skillet. The ground cumin and chili powder made the flavor authentic. The process was very little prep and cook time. Topped with sour cream, cheese, and whatever the heart desires, makes for a perfect Fiesta!!!
Ingredients: Ground cumin, Chili powder, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 red bell pepper, 1/2 of a medium onion, 1 lb. Chicken breast
Add bell pepper and onion. Cook until tender, stirring occasionally
Add chicken to skillet
Add drained tomatoes
Cook until hot
- Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomato
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inch), warmed (optional)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and onion.
- Cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to skillet. Sprinkle with chili powder and cumin.
- Cook until no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Add drained tomatoes.
- Cook until hot.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly between tortillas. (optional)
- Feel free to top with your choice of toppings. (Sour cream, chives, cheese)
Amount per Serving: 4 servings (2 fajitas each)
% Daily Value*
Total fat 8 g 12%
Saturated fat 2 g 10%
Cholesterol 72 mg 24%
Sodium 818 mg 34%
Carbohydrate 46 g 15%
Dietary fiber 4 g 16%
Sugars 10 g 1%
Protein 34 g 67%
Vitamin A 14%
Vitamin C 28%