My sister stopped over for a visit and she wanted to bake something with me. She was having a craving the flavor of butterscotch, so we decided to make butterscotch bars! Luckily, I had all of the ingredients in the pantry, so we got to work. We had a fun time mixing and baking these bars. Minimal ingredients are required and the preparation time took us only about twenty minutes total.
Chocolate morsels would also work as an alternative to the butterscotch. Once these bars were done baking and cooled, we enjoyed them with a nice cold glass of milk.
It was the perfect treat for a crisp fall day!
The simple ingredients that might already be in your pantry!
Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended
Stir in butterscotch chips
Beat until well blended
Spread evenly in a 9x13 inch greased pan
At 350 degrees, bake 30-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set
Let cool and cut into bars
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups (11-oz. pkg.) Butterscotch Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 13x9x-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Makes 24 to 36 bars.