My favorite type of seafood is crab. I have always enjoyed the flavorful and seasoned taste of crab meat. So when I saw a recipe for crab cakes, I was thrilled. Not only were they easy, but cheap! I had crab meat in the freezer and knew this was the perfect opportunity to take advantage.
All I had to do was mix all the ingredients into a large bowl and form the mixture into patties. With my two frozen bags of crab meat, these easily made six thick and large sized patties. Once the patties were formed, I heated a skillet with olive oil and butter. Then I cooked the patties on medium-high heat until golden brown.
Once cooked through, I let them cool and served. They were so flavorful! I was very surprised and proud of myself with how they turned out. I served them with kale chips and we filled right up. These sure do make a lot!
This easy recipe is definitely a keeper for the cook books and I now have bragging rights on how to make a delectable seafood meal!
The ingredients: Not pictured: Butter and minced Chives.
Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter stops foaming.
Cook the patties until golden brown.
The patties will be hot, so give time to cool down.
I served mine with kale chips and it was such a delicious meal!
- 1 pounds crabmeat
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, panko
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, light
- 2 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Dijon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 4 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco), or to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon butter, unsalted
- Mix crab, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, lemon juice, onion powder, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Heat oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter stops foaming.
- Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Total Fat: 8g