Continuing my obsession with crock-pot dinners, it seems I make my slow cooker meals on Sunday. It looks like this is unknowingly becoming a Sunday tradition. Today, I made a recipe that is now in my top 3 favorite crock-pot dinners. I adapted this recipe and it could not have turned out any better. I was in a time crunch to get to Bible Study and put this together in about 10 minutes. It is SO easy! Once the chicken is done, you can serve it so many different ways. Shredded, cubed, on top of rice, with veggies, with buns as a sandwich, so many endless options!
Chop 3 garlic cloves
Add dried basil to the crock-pot
Add 1/3 cup of honey to the crock-pot
Add the chicken, 1/2 cup Soy Sauce and 1/2 cup Ketchup to the crock-pot.
All of the ingredients should be in the dish. Heat on high 3-4 hours or on low, 6-7.
What the chicken mixture looks like when done in the slow cooker
The chicken up close. Look at that coating around the meat!
Serve however you like
This is the chicken shredded, no knife needed!
What You Need:
- Boneless thawed, Skinless Chicken Breats, (I used 2lbs or 8 chicken tender pieces: 4oz. each)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Honey
How To Make:
- Put all ingredients into a crock-pot
- Let cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low heat. (I flipped the chicken over about halfway through)
- Serve whole, shredded, with rice or your choice or veggies