This is my own version of kabobs in a skillet. I was craving a healthy dinner, especially from the sugar binge I have been on from Easter. I wanted veggies and meat with flavor. I took 1 orange bell pepper, half of a medium onion, 4 green onions and a handful of green beans. I cleaned and chopped them into strips. For my meat, I thought a nice pound of juicy steak would be perfect.
I heated my skillet on medium heat, and added olive oil and chopped ginger. Just enough to my liking. I also cut the steak into strips to match the veggies. Once the oil and ginger started to simmer, I added all of my ingredients to the skillet. I cooked until the steak was thoroughly heated to my liking. I also added some teriyaki sauce, to make sure I was getting flavor. While the mixture was heating, I made 5 minute white rice in a saucepan. I figured this would be perfect to pair the veggies and meat with. Once the steak mixture was done, I served on-top of the white rice and ate it with chopsticks.
The flavor of the steak and vegetables were delicious. All the veggies complimented each other and the meat was so juicy with the teriyaki sauce mixed in. This dinner quickly became one of my quick, easy and healthy favorites! I love how you can also add your choice of any kind of vegetable or meat you want. Enjoy this colorful dish!
One orange bell pepper, half of a medium onion, four green onions and a handful of green beans were my vegetables of choice
I addedd the olive oil, teriyaki sauce and chopped ginger to a skillet
I added all the ingredients (including the steak strips) stirring frequently in the skillet
Look at how delicious this look already!
Once meat and veggies are heated to your liking, serve a-top the white rice
Complete with chopsticks
- 1 pound of steak
- 1 bell pepper (I used orange)
- Handful of green beans
- 1 half of a medium white onion
- Green onions
- 1 cup of 5 minute instant white rice
- 1 tbs. of vegetable oil
- Teriyaki Sauce (as much to your liking)
- Chopped ginger (as much to your liking)
- Slice the steak into strips
- Slice the bell pepper into bite size strips
- Chop the green onions
- Prepare the green beans
- Cut the onion half into strips
- In a skillet, heat vegetable oil, chopped ginger, and teriyaki sauce until warm
- Add the steak, green onion, white onion, bell pepper into the skillet
- Cook and brown the meat while stirring to combine all ingredients
- While the meat and vegetables are cooking, prepare the instant 5 minute white rice in a separate saucepan
- When the skillet steak mixture is ready to your liking, turn off heat and let sit and cool for 5 minutes
- Serve on-top of white rice and enjoy!