While baking my heart out for Valentine's day, I added a recipe that got my attention all by its looks. I know looks can be deceiving, but this recipe has the whole package. Adapted from baked perfection, I had to make this as soon as I saw the themed M&M's. The recipe was easy enough and not that time consuming. My wonderful boyfriend helped me bake this and before I knew it, they were done. I made these to be handed out in treat bags and there were more than enough. We had a lot left over, which was fine by me. Since M&M's makes different color candies for any occasion, this recipe can be used for any Holiday or celebration!
Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup to 1 1/3 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter.
- Add 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar and mix well.
- Cool slightly.
- Add egg (beaten) and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in 2/3 cup M&M's.
- Spread in 8 x 8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle 1/3 to 2/3 cup M&M's on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.