With my diet, I have ruled out fast food. I have not had fast food fries, cheeseburgers or chicken nuggets in a year! It definitely feels great that I have been able to resist the temptation from fast food. Sometimes though, when I pass a McDonalds, Arby’s or Burger King, I still get a craving for those greasy fries and cheeseburgers with extra sauce! I was fortunate enough to find this recipe that satisfied my cravings.
I already had all the ingredients in my house, so I was very pleased I did not have to run to the store. It also used up some of my pasta stash. This recipe takes about a half hour to cook and before you know it, dinner is served. It is VERY filling and makes delicious leftovers. I can also see this being a fun dish for kids to help make and enjoy eating! So next time I pass that fast food sign, I can happily go home and cook this appetizing dish without all of the grease!
The ingredients: I had all of this already around the house
Boil the spaghetti noodles according to package
Drain and return to pan
In a skillet, brown ground beef adding onion and drain
Return to pan and stir in the bacon, ketchup, pickles, barbecue sauce and mustard
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
Make sure the spaghetti is drained, then add to the meat mixture
Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted
The bacon cheeseburger spaghetti is now served!
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti (I used whole grain)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 6 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the bacon, ketchup, pickles, barbecue sauce and mustard.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti; stir into meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
1-1/3 cups equals 567 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 2,026 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.