With my favorite candy being candy corn, of course I had to make a dessert including them for Halloween. I came across a recipe for Candy Corn Bark and it looked delicious. It seemed easy enough so I bought the ingredients and started baking away. It mostly involved melting candy wafers, which is a very hard task to master, and mixing the different ingredients. I combined the mixture and I love that this goes in the refrigerator. No baking in the oven involved! I let the bark harden overnight. The next day, I used a meat beater to break up the bark and it was complete. It tastes scrumptious! It also makes a lot so I plan on bagging some up and giving the leftovers away. What a great treat to share!
The mixture spread out on parchment paper
Topped with crushed pretzels and candy corn M&M's before entering the refrigerator
The next day, after the bark refrigerated overnight
Ready to be broken up into pieces
The delicious candy corn bark ready to be devoured
The display I set up
I used the leftover pieces that fell off from breaking up the bark so I put them in a martini glass to munch on
I did not want any to go to waste!
What You Need:
- 4 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 cups Wilton orange candy melts
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 cup candy corn
- ½ cup candy corn M&M’s (I was on the hunt to find these for ages and finally found them at Walgreen's)
- Pour white chocolate chips into microwave-safe container. Heat in microwave for 20 seconds and then stir.
- Continue heating at 10 second intervals; stirring in between until chocolate is melted.
- Repeat process with orange candy melts. Stir in 1 cup crushed pretzels and ½ cup of candy corn into white chocolate chips.
- Stir in ½ cup crushed pretzels and ¼ cups of candy corn into orange chocolate.
- Cover a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Spoon the chocolate mixtures onto paper; alternating white and orange.
- Spread mixture into an even layer.
- Take a knife and run it through the chocolate to marble. (I just used my fingers, they were already messy so why not!)
- Sprinkle the remaining pretzels and M&M’s on top of the mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (I let mine sit overnight)
- Cut into pieces and enjoy!