In preparation for my Halloween party, I have been making easy and delicious desserts. I came across this recipe, to make "bones" and decided to try it. The whole process took about 30-40 minutes. It was very easy and the end result was chillingly tasty! It took only 3 ingredients and no need to bake, just air dry. After I assembled the bones and dipped the pretzels in frosting, I set them on parchment paper and let them dry overnight. The next day they were ready to eat. So easy, tasteful and they truly look like bones. This will now be a treat to make every Halloween!
3 ingredients: Mini marshmallows, pretzel sticks and melt-able candy wafers in white
I assembled the bones by pushing the marshmallows into the ends of the pretzels
Make sure the marshmallows flat sides are parallel to the pretzels, so they will not roll when drying
My collection starting to grow
I melted the wafers according to the package and dipped the pretzels into the melted candy using a fork to cover them completely
I then set them on parchment paper to dry
I let dry overnight
They were all set by the morning and I had myself a bone collection!
I thought the skull tray was a perfect match for these bony treats!
What You Need:
- 1 package of Wilton meltable candy wafers, in white
- 1 bag of small pretztel sticks (or your choice in size)
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
How To Make:
- Follow the instructions on the candy wafers package to melt the candy in a wide bowl.
- For each bone, press marshmallows onto both ends of a pretzel stick or rod, with the marshmallows' flat sides parallel to the pretzel.
- Dip each pretzel into the melted candy to coat it. Lift it out with a fork, letting the excess drip back into the bowl. Place the bone onto a sheet of waxed or parchment paper to set at room temperature.
- Let dry completely and enjoy