Recently we bought Jennie-O ground lean turkey meat. The nutrition facts are healthy and I made meatloaf before using this meat and loved it. I wanted to try a different recipe so I went to the website and came across this recipe. It looked easy enough and already had all the ingredients in the house! We did revise it a bit to make it even easier. The prep time took about 20 minutes and cook time, about 25 minutes. We made this recipe together and it was a fun dinner to make. It turned out very tasty. It will come in handy when winter time gets here. This dish warms you right up, so make sure to let it cool a little bit before serving. We found breaking up the patties and mixing them together with the bean mixture is the best way to get taste. This recipe can also be turned into many different variations of your own. It is a fun one to make, so test it out if you want something different, easy and to warm you up on those chilly fall nights!
The ingredients and ground turkey patties
Brown the turkey in a skillet, until well done
Chop and add the bell pepper and onion
Add the beans, sugar, ketchup and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
Mix well and cook uncovered ten minutes, until mixture begins to thicken
Top mixture with patties and cook an additional five minutes
I served mine in a bowl. I mashed up the turkey and mixed it all together, it was delicious!
Make sure you let cool for five minutes before eating because the mixture will be very hot.
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Lean Turkey Burger Patties or Lean Ground Turkey (This is what I used and made our own patties)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (18-ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
How To Make:
- Make four patties using the ground turkey meat if you do not have the already prepared burger patties
- In large deep skillet, cook burger patties as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, brown sugar, ketchup and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until hot and slightly thickened.
- Top with patties. Continue cooking 5 minutes.
- Let cool, mixture will be hot. Enjoy
Extra Links: Oh So Easy Meatloaf