I finally have a very easy meatloaf recipe. The prep time for this is only ten minutes and bake time is an hour. This recipe serves four people. I basically chopped a couple veggies, mixed all the ingredients together in a bowl, shaped it into a pan and placed it in the oven. A quick hour went by and the meatloaf was done! It was delicious. The sauce topping is a must. Quoted from my boyfriend, "This is the best meatloaf I have ever had!" I took it to heart and agreed. I sprinkled some ketchup on the meatloaf and it tasted great. It is not necessary, I am just a ketchup fanatic. My taste-buds are definitely looking forward until the next time I make this dish!
Prepare ingredients and add to a mixing bowl
Throw in the meat
Mix all the ingredients thoroughly...I used my hands
Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish
Bake for one hour and cool.
I served this with broccoli and cheese...yum!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes (without juice)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all meat loaf ingredients well and place in a baking dish.
- Shape into a loaf.
- Mix ingredients for topping and spread on loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.