I love do-it-yourself days! I had a lot of leftover yarn which I wanted to use. I have a collection of a couple glass bottles to use for crafts and figured I would use the yarn to wrap around the bottles and create vases!
Yarn, a hot glue gun and a bottle is all I needed
I hot glued the end part of the yarn to the bottle so it would stay in place
Then I wrapped the yarn around and around the bottle, very tedious
Once you are at the top, snip the yarn and hot glue the end piece to the top of the bottle
I also had some green yarn so I made a vase using that
Same color yarn, two different vases
Love this combo of colors
My sister made this rainbow vase...love the purple flower
The fabulous group of vases! It would be fun to make these for each Holiday! A great way to reuse and recycle old glass bottles...start collecting and wrap away!
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot glue the end piece of yarn to the very bottom of the bottle so it will stay in place
- Wrap the yarn all the way around the bottle to the very top
- Towards the middle, if the yarn slips and will not stay, use your hot glue gun to glue the yarn in place
- Once you reach the top, snip the yarn and hot glue the end piece to the bottle
- Let dry and handle carefully