I love vegetables. Sometimes they can be repetitive. I wanted to switch up the basic butter and green bean recipe. I decided to season and bake them. They turned out delicious! It was hard to tell they were the same crunchy green beans we always eat. This is definitely a keeper for future meals.
Snap off ends, rinse and dry the green beans. Make sure they are dry!
Extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and grated parmesan cheese (not pictured)
Line the pan with aluminum foil. Sprinkle the olive oil on the green beans. I used enough to cover both sides…about 2-3 tablespoons
Add the other seasonings. I guesstimated and sprinkled a coat enough to cover one side. Shake the pan to coat both sides.
Heat the oven at 425. Make sure the green beans are spread out and not overlapping. Bake for 10 minutes, shake pan to turn and bake an additional 5.
Remove from oven. If needed, sprinkle more grated cheese on them.
Another wonderful lunch I make are my basil pizzas. I use a tortilla by the brand Flatout. It only has 90 calories and a big dose of fiber. I add some marinara sauce, sprinkle mozerella cheese on top and bake at 350 for about 3-6 minutes. I then cut basil leaves from my basil plant that was purchased at my local Farmers Market.
And you have a healthy and tasteful thin crust, flatbread pizza! It definitely fills your greasy pizza craving!
*Baked Green Beans*
- Garlic Powder
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Green Beans
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Heat oven to 425
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Snap and rinse green beans
- Let dry
- Arrange green beans on tray, making sure their spread out
- Drizzle olive oil (2-3 tbs), salt, pepper, garlic powder and cheese onto green beans
- Shake pan to cover both sides
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip by shaking pan and bake additional 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle more cheese, if needed
- 1 Flatout tortilla
- Marinara/tomato/pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Fresh basil
- Heat oven to 350
- Decorate pizza with sauce and cheese
- Put pizza directly on oven rack or use a metal pizza pan with holes
- Bake for 3-6 minutes or until cheese is melted and sides are golden brown
- Remove pizza (use a spatula if directly on rack)