One of my favorite do it yourself projects was this Toilet Paper Roll Frame. Yes, I made it out of toilet paper rolls! I randomly have been collecting them for some kind of project but was not quite sure what. On the last grocery shopping trip I picked up a wooden frame on clearance. The light-bulb then went off. I figured I would make some kind of framed art. So I painted the frame, cut up the toilet paper rolls and the piece just fell into place. I have gotten a lot of compliments on this and everyone thinks I bought it! Such a satisfying feeling knowing I made it for under $10!
The brown wooden frame I bought and painted white…about 3 coats
The newly painted white frame
I bent the toilet paper rolls and cut into half inch lengths
I laid out the pieces into a pattern I wanted, making sure I had enough rolls to fill the frame
I then spray painted the rolls thoroughly, making sure to cover every inch and both sides of the pieces
Once the pieces were dried, I took my hot glue gun and started gluing the pieces onto the frame
Let dry for about 20 minutes and I was finished
Here is the frame hung up….Super easy and cute!
- Hot Glue Gun
- Toilet Paper Rolls (enough to fill the frame with the pattern you want)
- Picture Frame
- Spray Paint
- Paint the frame if needed…about 3 coats
- Bend the toilet paper rolls and cut into half inch lengths
- Lay out the pieces into a pattern you want, make sure you have enough rolls to fill the frame
- Spray paint the rolls thoroughly, making sure to cover every inch and both sides of the pieces
- Hot glue the pieces onto the frame
- Let dry
- Display your work of art proudly!