I have been trying new recipes to see if we would like them for winter. I have been experimenting with a lot of casserole dishes. I found this one online and it looked warm and yummy! Also, very quick and easy to make! It took me about 15 minutes to prepare and an hour to bake. We served it with green beans and it was a wonderful dinner. Since hash-browns are in it we tried some ketchup with them....it adds to the taste. If you are a ketchup fan like me try some, it was good!
Hot out of the oven
Try some ketchup with it!
Served with green beans
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 ounces bacon or turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4( 1 cup (4( oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Layer 1/2 potatoes, 1/2 onion, 1/2 bacon and 1/2cheese in prepared baking dish: repeat layers. Combine evaporated milk, egg and seasoned salt in small bowl. Pour evenly over potato mixture and cover.
- Bake for 55 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.